152M|中文|
44.8M|英文|
81.4M|英文|
4M|中文|
51.4M|英文|
49.8M|中文|
57.5M|英文|
2.2M|英文|
64.5M|中文|be engaged in 从事于, 忙与干- be engaged to sb 与-订婚 The room is engaged.房间预订了.——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
be engaged in 从事于, 忙与干- be engaged to sb 与-订婚 The room is engaged.房间预订了. 【】
题目列表(包括答案和解析)
If you don’t have a college degree, you’re at greater risk of developing memory problems or even Alzheimer’s (老年痴呆). Education plays a key role in lifelong memory performance and risk for mental disorder, and it's well documented that those with a college degree possess a cognitive(认知的) advantage over those less educated in middle and old age. Now, a large national study from Brandeis University published in the American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry shows that those with less schooling can significantly make up for poorer education by frequently engaging in mental exercises such as word games, puzzles, reading, and lectures. “The lifelong benefits of higher education for memory in later life are quite impressive, but we do not clearly understand how and why these effects last so long,” said lead author Margie Lachman, a psychologist. She suggested that higher education may encourage lifelong interest in cognitive efforts, while those with less education may not engage as frequently in mental exercises that help keep the memory agile (敏捷地). But education early in adulthood does not appear to be the only route to maintain your memory. The study found that intellectual activities undertaken regularly made a difference. “Among individuals with low education, those who are engaged in reading, writing, attending lectures, doing word games or puzzles once a week or more had memory scores similar to people with more education,” said Lachman. The study, called Midlife in the United States, assessed 3,343 men and women between the ages of 32 and 84 with an average age of 56 years. Almost 40 percent of the participants had at least a 4-year college degree. The researchers evaluated how the participants performed in two cognitive areas, verbal (言语的)memory and executive function --- brain processes involved in planning, abstract thinking and cognitive flexibility. Participants were given a series of tests, including tests of verbal fluency, word recall, and backward counting. As expected, those with higher education said they engaged in cognitive activities more often and also did better on the memory tests, but some with lower education also did well, explained Lachman. “The findings are promising because they suggest there may be ways to level the playing field for those with lower educational achievement, and protect those at greatest risk for memory declines,” said Lachman. “Although we can not rule out the possibility that those who have better memories are the ones who take on more activities, the evidence is consistent with cognitive plasticity (可塑性), and suggests some degree of personal control over cognitive functioning in adulthood by adopting an intellectually active lifestyle.”【小题1】 What is the text mainly about?A.Higher education has a better cognitive advantage.B.Better memories result from college degree.C.Cognitive activity does good to one’s mind.D.Poor education has more risk of memory declines.【小题2】According to the result of Margie Lachman’s study, we can conclude that ________.A.education is responsible for the lifelong memory performance and risk for mental disorderB.education early in adulthood can be the only route to maintain your memoryC.those with higher education did better on the memory tests than those with lower educationD.an intellectually active lifestyle does help to maintain your memory【小题3】 What do we know about the study called Midlife?A.Participants each were given a battery to test their memory.B.The average age of the participants are 56 years old.C.Participants had to perform in one of the two cognitive areas.D.One in four of the participants had a 4-year college degree.【小题4】Why are the findings of the Lachman’s study promising?A.The lower educated may have the same opportunities to keep up memory.B.We may have ways to cure the people who have memory declines.C.Adopting a different lifestyle can control cognitive functioning.D.We can find out the possibility to have better memories.
Searching the Internet may help middle-aged and older adults keep their memories sharp,US researchers said. Researchers at the University of California, Los Angeles ,studied people doing web searches by recording their brain activity.“What we saw was people who had Internet experience used more of their brain during the search,”Dr.Gary Small, a UCLA expert on aging, said,“This suggests that just searching on the Internet may train the brain and that it may keep it active and healthy.”“This is the first time anyone has simulated(模拟)an Internet search task while scanning the brain,”Small said. His team studied 24 normal volunteers between the ages of 55 and 76. Half were experienced at searching the Internet and the other half had no web experience. However, the two groups were similar in age, gender and education. Both groups were asked to do Internet searches and book reading tasks while their brain activity was monitored.“We found that in the book reading task, the visual cortex— the part of the brain that controls reading and language — was activated,”Small said,“In doing the Internet search task, there was much greater activity, but only in the Internet-savvy(了解)group.” He said it appears that people who are familiar with the Internet can engage in much deeper level of brain activity. Activities that keep the brain engaged can preserve brain health and thinking ability. Small thinks learning to do Internet searches may be one of those activities.【小题1】Researchers&&&&&&&&&&when volunteers were doing web searches.A.studied the InternetB.activated the brainC.recorded their memoriesD.monitored the brain activity【小题2】The two volunteer groups were&&&&&&&&&.A.similar in educationB.of the same ageC.good at the computerD.book lovers【小题3】According to the passage, we can learn that&&&&&&&&&.A.reading books keeps the brain more engagedB.searching the web keeps the brain more engagedC.watching TV keeps the brain more engagedD.chatting online keeps the brain more engaged【小题4】Which of the following is TRUE?A.When you read, the whole brain will be activated.B.Dr.Gary Small is a UCLA expert on brain health.C.Internet searches can preserve brain health and thinking abilityD.People who read books may have a better memory.
BHow do apology languages work? Have you ever tried to apologize, only to be refused? It may be that you were offering a partial apology in a “language”, that was foreign to your listener. The five languages of apology include:Apology Language 1: “I am sorry.”List the hurtful effects of your action. Not “I am sorry if …”, but “I am sorry that…”. You might ask if they want to add any points that you have not recognized.Apology Language 2:“I was wrong.” Name your mistake and accept fault. Note that it is easier to say “You are right” than “ I am wrong”, but the latter carries more weight.Apology Language 3: “What can I do to make it right?” How are you now? How shall I make amends(弥补) to you? How can I restore your confidence that I love you— even though I was so hurtful to you?Apology Language 4: “I’ll try not to do that again.” Engage in problem-solving. Don’t make excuses for yourself such as, “Well, my day was just so…” Instead, offer what you will change to prevent yourself from putting them in the same bad situation again. Apology Language 5: “Will you please forgive me?” Be patient in seeking forgiveness. They may need some time or greater clarification(澄清) of your input from Apology Languages 1-4. Finally, your apology may not be accepted, but at least you know that you have been faithful in offering a sincere olive branch(橄榄枝) of peace.【小题1】The passage mainly talks about___________A.5 tips for apologies that workB.5 ways of refusing apologiesC.the function of apology languagesD.the importance of apology languages【小题2】According to Paragraph 1, your apology may be refused mainly because________A.your listeners can’t understand your dialect.B.your listeners can’t hear what you said clearly.C.your apology is not sincere.D.your apology is not expressed well enough.【小题3】When offering an apology, which of the following does the author prefer?A.“You are right”B.“I am sorry if …”C.“I was wrong.”D.“Well, my day was just so…”【小题4】In the last paragraph, the author tells us even if your apology may not be accepted, at least ___________.A.It’s your fault any moreB.your mind will be at peaceC.your friend will make peace with you.D.your apology is true to your heart
Students and Technology in the ClassroomI love my blackberry — it’s my little connection to the larger world that can go anywhere with me. I also love my laptop computer,as it holds all of my writing and thoughts. Despite this love of technology, I know that there are times when I need to move away from these devices(设备)and truly communicate with others.On occasion, I teach a course called History Matters for a group of higher education managers. My goals for the class include a full discussion of historical themes and ideas. Because I want students to thoroughly study the material and exchange their ideas with each other in the classroom, I have a rule — no laptop, iPads, phones ,etc .When students were told my rule in advance of the class, some of them were not happy.Most students assume that my reasons for this rule include unpleasant experiences in the past with students misusing technology. There’s a bit of truth to that. Some students assume that I am anti-technology. There’s no truth in that at all. I love technology and try to keep up with it so I can relate to my students.The real reason why I ask students to leave technology at the door is that I think there are very few places in which we can have deep conversions and truly engage complex ideas. Interruptions by technology often break concentration and allow for too much dependence on outside information for ideas. I want students to dig deep within themselves for inspiration and ideas. I want them to push each other to think differently and make connections between the course the material and the class discussion.I’ve been teaching my history class in this way for many years and the evaluations reflect student satisfaction with the environment that I create. Students realize that with deep conversation and challenge, they learn at a level that helps them keep the course material beyond the classroom.I’m not saying that I won’t ever change my mind about technology use in my history class, but until I hear a really good reason for the change, I’m sticking to my plan. A few hours of technology-free dialogue is just too sweet to give up.【小题1】Some of the students in the history class were unhappy with _______.A.the course materialB.others’ misuse of technology C.discussion topicsD.the author’s class regulations【小题2】The underlined word “engage ”in paragraph 4 probably means _______.A.exploreB.acceptC.changeD.reject【小题3】 According to the author, the use of technology in the classroom may _______.A.keep students from doing independent thinking B.encourage students to have in-depth conversationsC.help students to better understand complex themes D.affect students’ concentration on course evaluation【小题4】 It can be inferred from the last paragraph that the author _______.A.is quite stubborn B.will give up teaching history C.will change his teaching plan soon D.values technology-free dialogues in his class
Small talk is meaningless conversation in terms of content,but is often seen as socially important in certain situations,or context.In many English-speaking countries,it can be viewed as rude or unfriendly not to make small talk.Discussing the weather with people who you don’t really know is an example of small talk that many of us are very familiar with on a daily basis.We may chat about the weather with the cashier at the supermarket or with the attendant at the gas station.Small talk may also be related to the situation such as waiting in line.People in the line may comment to others about how slow it is in the post office or bank that day,for instance.We also engage in small talk with people we may see every day but don’t really know such as those we share the elevator with in our office building.Small talk is common at parties when guests may know the host but not each other.It is considered rude not to mingle and speak with other guests at social functions,so small talk can break the ice and get guests chatting.Compliments(赞美)may be a type of small talk such as one woman at party complimenting another on her dress.Some people like small talk because they find silence uncomfortable and/or they enjoy communicating verbally.Others enjoy meeting new people and use small talk to start conversations. When making small talk,especially with strangers or those you don’t know very well,it’s important to observe certain socially acceptable conventions.First,small talk should be general and not personal or about controversial topics. Second,while compliments are acceptable,they shouldn't refer to the person’s body or sound like a pick-up line.【小题1】What do people usually talk about in small talk?A.Light topics.B.Personal topics.C. Meaningless things. D.Controversial affairs.【小题2】Who do we usually have small talk with?A.Close friends.B.People we don’t really know.C.Family members.D.Our seniors.【小题3】At parties,it’s considered rude to &&&&&&&&&.A.speak to one guest only and not speak with other guestsB.speak to several guests at the same timeC.compliment a woman on her dressD.have small talk with the host【小题4】We can infer from the last paragraph that&&&&&&&&&&&.A.compliments are the most acceptable in small talkB.we should refer to a person’s body when complimenting in order to sound sincereC.there are some rules in making small talkD.some people use small talk to make new friends
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号游戏《The Room》为什么能成为 App Store 2012 年度最佳? - 知乎178被浏览37911分享邀请回答6134 条评论分享收藏感谢收起45 条评论分享收藏感谢收起查看更多回答

我要回帖

更多关于 christies room游戏 的文章

随机推荐