we just normaljust friends 韩国

I’m not so sure I like my friends any more. I used to like them - to be honest. We’d have lunch, talk on the phone or exchange e-mails, and they all seemed normal enough. But then came Facebook and 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
& 题目详情
I’m not so sure I like my friends any more. I used to like them — to be honest. We’d have lunch, talk on the phone or exchange e-mails, and they all seemed normal enough. But then came Facebook and I was introduced to a sad fact: many of my friends have dark sides that they had kept from me. Today my friends show off the more unpleasant aspects of their personalities via Facebook. No longer hidden, they’re thrown in my face like TV commercials — unavoidable and endless advertisements for the worst of their personalities. Take Fred. If you were to have lunch with him, you’d find him warm, and down-to-earth. Read his Facebook and you realize he’s an unbearable, food-obsessed bore. He’d pause to have a cup of coffee on his way to save a drowning man — and then write about it. Take Andy. You won’t find a smarter CEO anywhere, but now he’s a CEO without a company to lull. So he plays Mafia Wars on Facebook. He’s doing well — level 731. Thanks to Facebook, I know he’s playing about 18 hours a day. Andy, you’ve run four companies — and this is how you spend your downtime? What happened to golf? What happened to getting another job? Take Liz. She is positive that the H1N1 vaccine will kill us all and that we should avoid it. And then comes Chris who likes to post at least 20 times a day on every website he can find, so I get to read his thoughts twice, once on Facebook and once on Twitter. In real life, I don’t see these sides of people. Face to face, my friends show me their best. They’re nice, smart people. But face to Facebook, my friends are like a blind date which goes horribly wrong. I’m left with a dilemma. Who is my real friend? Is it the Liz I have lunch with or the anti-vaccine lunatic(狂人)on Facebook? Is it the Fred I can grab a sandwich with or the Fred who weeps if he’s at a party and the wine isn’t up to his standards?1.Who is opposed to the H1N1 vaccine in the text?A.FredB.AndyC.LizD.Chris2.What’s Andy probably busy in doing now?A.He’s running his companyB.He’s playing golf all dayC.He’s looking for another jobD.He’s playing computer games3.According to the text, Facebook tends to ______A.present another side of peopleB.offer some food for freeC.show endless advertisementsD.get you to more parties4.The text is developed mainly by ______A.giving examplesB.following the time orderC.listing figuresD.raising questions5.The author focuses on the question of ______A.what is FacebookB.what happened to golfC.who is my real friendD.who can help me
CDAAC试题分析:本文主要讲述的就是我的很多朋友在日常生活中表现得很好,但是在Facebook中他们表现出了人性的另外一面,让我对他们有了更深的了解。1.C 细节题。根据文章倒数第三段Take Liz. She is positive that the H1N1 vaccine will kill us all and that we should avoid it.说明C项正确。2.D 细节题。根据第三段第三行Thanks to Facebook, I know he’s playing about 18 hours a day.我知道了Andy每天花在游戏上的时间是很长的。故D正确。3.A 推理题。根据1,2段But then came Facebook and I was introduced to a sad fact: many of my friends have dark sides that they had kept from me. Today my friends show off the more unpleasant aspects of their personalities via Facebook. No longer hidden说明在Facebook上人们把他们另外一面都反映了出来。故A正确。4.A 推理题。根据本文中的Take Andy和Take Fred. If you were to have lunch with him, you’d find him warm 和Take Liz.都说明本文用举例说明的方法来组织全文。故A正确。5.C 推理题。根据文章最后一段I’m left with a dilemma. Who is my real friend? Is it the Liz I have lunch with or the anti-vaccine lunatic(狂人)on Facebook? Is it the Fred I can grab a sandwich with or the Fred who weeps if he’s at a party and the wine isn’t up to his standards?说明我现在很怀疑我的朋友到底是什么样的人?我产生了很大的怀疑。故C项正确。考点:考查人生百态类短文点评:本文讲述的人的两面性的话题。测试考生在阅读基础上的逻辑推理能力,要求考生根据文章所述事件的逻辑关系,对未说明的趋势或结局作出合理的推断;或根据作者所阐述的观点理论,对文章未涉及的现象、事例给以解释。考生首先要仔细阅读短文,完整了解信息,准确把握作者观点。
科目:高中英语
题型:阅读理解
Everyone has good days and bad days.
Sometimes, you feel as if you're on top of the world.But occasionally you feel horrible, and you lose things and you cannot focus on your schoolwork. For more than 20 years, scientists have suggested that high self-esteem (自尊) is the key to success. Now, new research shows that focusing just on building self-esteem may not be helpful. In some cases, having high self-esteem can bring bad results if it makes you less likeable or more upset when you fail at something. &Forget about self-esteem,& says Jennifer Crocker, a psychologist (心理学家) at the University of Michigan, US. &It's not the important thing.& Feeling good Crocker's advice may sound a bit strange because it is good to feel good about yourself. Studies show that people with high self-esteem are less likely to be depressed, anxious, shy, or lonely than those with low self-esteem. But, after reviewing about 18,000 studies on self-esteem, Roy Baumeister, a psychologist at Florida State University, has found that building up your self-esteem will not necessarily make you a better person. He believes that violent and wicked (邪恶的) people often have the highest self-esteem of all. He also said: &There's no evidence that kids with high self-esteem do better in school.& Problems
All types of people have problems. People with high self-esteem can have big egos (自我) that can make them less likeable to their peers (同龄人), said Kathleen Vohs, a psychology professor at Columbia University. People with high self-esteem tend to think more of themselves, Vohs says. People with low self-esteem are more likely to rely on their friends when they need help. What to do Researchers say it is best to listen to and support other people. Find positive ways to contribute to society. If you fail at something try to learn from the experience. &The best therapy (药方) is to recognize your faults,& Vohs says. &It's OK to say, 'I'm not so good at that,' and then move on.& The new research comes to the conclusion that high self-esteem ______. &&&&&& A.is not important at all&&&&& B.has taken on a different meaning &&&&&& C.may not be the key to success& D.does not help you do better at school One of the conclusions of the new research is that ______. &&&&&& A.feeling good about oneself doesn’t mean you lead a happier life &&&&&& B.people with high esteem usually do not seek other’s help &&&&&& C.people with high esteem tend to be proud &&&&&& D.people with low esteem are often more popular The underlined part “a better person” in the passage probably means a person who is ______. &&&&&& A.helpful and supportive&&& B.gentle and modest
&&&&&& C.likable and successful&&&&& D.friendly and kind From the text, we can infer the best therapy mentioned in the last paragraph is mainly for
people _______.
&&&&&& A.with high self-esteem&&&&& B.with low self-esteem &&&&&& C.of all kinds&&&&&&&&&&&& && D.who are focusing on building self-esteem
“Why didn’t she come to the meeting yesterday?” “I’m not so sure. She ______ ill.” A. should be&& B. should have been& C. must be& D. might have been
来源:学年山西省太原市高三月考英语卷(解析版)
题型:完型填空
I was feeling a little blue because my mother had beenlaid off from her job and she had lots of bills to pay. It left me wonderingwhat was going to happen to us now.I got off the college shuttle bus and started walking.That’s &36 &I heard piano music and singing rising above thenoise of the people and the traffic. I walked a little slower so that Icould&37 &&where it was coming from. &38&&&the crowd I saw a young lady sitting at a piano with acarriage next to her. She was singing songs about love, keeping on trying, andnot underestimating (低估) the power within yourself. The way shewas singing && 39&&&me a bit. I stood therewatching her play for about fifteen minutes, thinking that it must &&&&40&&&to perform alone in the middle of a crowded place.She must have felt my & 41&&&becauseshe would& 42&look in my direction. Then I walked over and putsome &43&&&&&in her carriage and she said,“Thank you”. Instead of continuing my way home, I said to her, “I have been&44&&&&&a rough time lately, but you’ve mademe &45&again.”“I’m happy that I could help,” she replied. “Why areyou so sad?”“Well, my mum told me she had got &&46&&&from her job, and that made me sad. I’m not so surewhat to do …”“You see, here’s the problem,” she explained. “Whileyou were &&&&&& 47&&&, yourhead was down. Don’t look &48&, because &49&&&comesin different ways and if your head were down, you might lose it.”She also explained to me that she saw a lot of &50people in the world and she tried to bring more &51 by sharingmotivational (鼓舞人心的) music. She told me that when she wasn’tmaking music she studied &52&&. So, that was how she knewsome of the things she was telling me.I &53&&&&&alittle wider because I knew that she was doing a good thing. So, after we &54,my heart was &55&&&&&&and lightenedby a musical soul!1.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.where&&&&&&&& B.why&&&&&&&&&&& C.which&&& D.when&2.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.turn out&&&&&&& B.take in&&&&&&&&& C.find out&& D.get in&3.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.Across&&&&&&&& B.Through&&&&&&& C.Between& D.Above&4.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.comforted&&&&& B.annoyed&&&&&&& C.scared&& D.reminded&5.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.take time&&&&&& B.take turns&&&&&& C.take action&&& D.take courage&6.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.absence&&&&&&& B.performance&&&& C.presence D.regret&7.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.angrily&&&&&&&& B.occasionally&&&& C.generally D.faithfully&8.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.cards&&&&&&&&& B.food&&&&&&&&&& C.books&&& D.money&9.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.going through&&& B.getting up&&&&&& C.taking over&&& D.runningtowards&10.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.curious&&&&&&&& B.eager&&&&&&&&& C.sad&& D.hopeful&11.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.hired&&&&&&&&& B.promoted&&&&&& C.paid& D.fired&12.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.running&&&&&&& B.driving&&&&&&&& C.walking&&& D.riding&13.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.proud&&&&&&&&& B.defeated&&&&&& C.absorbed& D.puzzled&14.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.opportunity&&&& B.trouble&&&&&&&& C.difficulty&& D.dream&15.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.positive&&&&&&& B.active&&&&&&&&& C.energetic& D.negative&16.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.records&&&&&&& B.poverty&&&&&&& C.positivity& D.indifference&17.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.politics&&&&&&&& B.psychology&&&&& C.biology&&& D.art&18.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.smiled&&&&&&&& B.changed&&&&&&& C.influenced D.sighed&19.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.responded&&&&& B.parted&&&&&&&& C.agreed&&& D.understood&20.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.hit&&&&&&&&&&& B.sunk&&&&&&&&&& C.tied& D.touched&&
来源:2014届广东省汕头市高二10月月考英语试卷(解析版)
题型:信息配对
&Awell-known English magazine invited five people to answer a series ofquestions. One of thequestions is: Do you enjoy foreign food? Match the name of each person to oneof the statements given below.56. John Harvey: & In fact if you go out to arestaurant, it’s very difficult to find the “British” cooking, but you can findalmost anything else: French, Italian, Chinese, Indian and so on. London is full of foreign restaurants. I love trying “new dishes.” I think you canunderstand a lot about another culture from its food.57. Jo Baker: & I like foreign food, butnot all. I particularly do not like Indian food, although I quite enjoy a mildcurry I make myself. I like most European dishes, but Spanish food is quite lowdown on my list. However, I think you have to travel a long way to beat goodold English cooking. What can be nicer than the aroma of a piece of beefroasted in the oven, surrounded by crisp roast potatoes and served with pipinghot Yorkshire puddings, vegetables and gravy? From my point of view, I thinkforeign food is all right when you are abroad. You see, that’s just part of theenjoyment of travelling to another country. Foreign food is also fine for anodd night out to restaurant, but for every day please give me good old Englishfood.58. Gabby Macadam:& On the whole I enjoyforeign food, but having said that I can think of dozens of foreign disheswhich I simply can’t stand. You see, they have fish in some way or other and Inever eat fish in any form. I have found that many foreign dishes are servedwith a kind of sauce. I think it is the accompanying sauce that hides all sortsof problems. I am not so sure that I would be as fond of them as I am if they wereserved without the sauce.59. Len Dangerfield: & When we English peopletravel abroad, we always make a great fuss about studying the menu but alwaysend up with steak. You see, when I’m abroad I always miss our home cooking. Imean, I’m used to English food. Sometimes I do go to restaurant to taste someexotic dishes, but most of the time I still prefer to have English food. Youknow, it’s always difficult to get used to food in other countries.60. Peter Hawke:& I like foreign food. Iparticularly like Indian food. Well, I’m married to an Indian girl. She is agood cook. I’m so lucky to have her cook for me every day. I think Indian foodas well as other foreign foods is generally tastier and spicier than Englishfood. Traditional English dishes, like roast beef and Yorkshire pudding andfish and chips, are quite well-known abroad. But I must say as a nation we arenot particularly good at catering. As far as I’m concerned, I think we shouldlearn to cook more interesting dishes and make our food tastier and morevaried.A. Cooking variesfrom country to country even though the basic gradients may be very much thesame.B. I can’t standthose foreign dishes which contain fish in some way or other, and I’m not sosure that I’m fond of many foreign dishes which are served with a kind sauce.C. I think foreignfood is all right when you are abroad, but for every day, traditional Englishfood is always my first choice.D. Foreign dishes canbe tasted occasionally, but I find it difficult to adjust to the tastes. So Istill prefer English food.E. I love foreignfood, and I think people can understand a lot about another culture from whatthey eat.F. English people should learn to cook moreattractive dishes and make their food more delicious and varied.&
来源:学年广东省高三上学期10月月考英语试题
题型:阅读理解
Engineering students are supposed to beexamples of practicality and rationality (理性), but when it comes to my college education I am an idealist and afool. In high school I wanted to be an electrical engineer and, of course, anyreasonable student with my aims would have chosen a college with a largeengineering department, many famous professors and lots of good labs andresearch equipment. But that's not what I did. I chose to study engineering at a smallliberal-arts (文科)university that doesn't even offer a major in electrical engineering.Obviously, this was no I came here for more noble reasons.I wanted a broad education that would provide me with flexibility and a valuesystem to guide me in my job. I wanted to open my eyes and expand my vision bycommunicating with people who weren't studying science or engineering. Myparents, teachers and other adults praised me for such a wise choice. They toldme I was wise and grown-up beyond my 18 years, and I believed them.  Iheaded off to the college and sure I was going to have an advantage over thosestudents who went to big engineering &factories& where they didn'tcare if you had values or were flexible. I was going to be a complete engineer:technical expert and excellent humanist all in one.  NowI'm not so sure. Somewhere along the way my noble ideas crashed into reality,as all noble ideas finally do. After three years of struggling to balance math,physics and engineering courses with liberal-arts courses, I have learned thereare reasons why few engineering students try to reconcile engineering withliberal-arts courses in college.  Thereality that has blocked my path to become the typical successful student isthat engineering and the liberal arts simply don't mix as easily as I supposedin high school. Individually they shape a person in very different ways. Thestruggle to reconcile the two fields of study is difficult. 1.Why did the author choose to studyengineering at a small liberal-arts university?
A.He intended to become an engineer and humanist.
B.He intended to be a reasonable student with noble ideals.
C.He wanted to be an example of practicality and rationality.
D.He wanted to communicate with liberal-arts students.
2.According to the author, by communicatingwith people who study liberal arts, engineering students can ___________.
A.become noble idealists
B.broaden their knowledge
C.find a better job in the future
D.balance engineering and liberal arts
3. Which word below can replace theunderlined word “reconcile”?
A.confuse
B.compare
C.combine
D.compete
4.The underlined sentence in 1st paragraphmeans ___________.
A.he has failed to achieve his ideal aims
B.he is not a practical and rational student
C.his choice of attending to a small liberal-arts university is reasonable
D.his idea of combining engineering with liberal - arts is noble and wise
5. The author suggests in this passage that___________.
A.liberal-arts students are supported to take engineering courses
B.technical experts with a wide vision are expected in the society
C.successful engineering students are more welcomed in the society
D.engineering universities with liberal-arts courses are needed
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号Home | Abnormal Date - Why date normal people?
date people just like you.
Remember me?
Enjoy all the benefits of our membership
Find your love with our dating website
Register Free
Date Abnormal like you
You can find an abnormal date everywhere you look. Abnormal people are everywhere.& This site is designed around the concept that abnormal is a good thing and should be embraced, celebrated and fostered, loved and we should date each other.
We are not Normal
Who wants to be normal anyway.& Abnormal is so much more fun. This site will help you find someone just like you.& So lets embrace our abnormality and share our images and videos and what not here.& Lets date abnormal
What we are all about
We are about making the abnormal fun.& Lets celebrate being abnormal, living outside the box, not conforming to societies rules of normality.& Lets organize events and bring us all together.& Be abnormal.& Date Abnormal.

我要回帖

更多关于 just friends 的文章

随机推荐