mr mr.smith was hangingill come back 3 days

当前位置: >>
人教版Go for it 8年级下英语第一单元纲要和练习题
Unit 1 Will people have robots?一、一般将来时态: 结构:(am、is、are ) going to+V 原 (am、is、are )+not going to+V 原 Will+ V 原// Will+not+ V 原 时间标志: Tomorrow、next+时间、in+时间(对其提问用 How soon)、soon、this afternoon、 Tonight、the day after tomorrow、in the future... 二、短语 ⑴、 a few few 可数 ⑵、fall in love with 爱上(+Ving) fall a little little 不可数 肯定 否定⑶、单位的用法(hundred 百、thousand 千、million 百万、billion 十亿等) 用法口诀: 有数字,无 S 无 of;无数字,有 S 有 of. ⑷、the same as 和...相同 Be different from 和...不同 A is the same as B A is different from B⑸、agree with sb. 同意某人看法 、意见、观点。I don’t agree= I disagree ⑹、get/be bored 变得厌倦。 ⑺、help+sb.+with+sth.// help+sb.+to do+sth.帮助某人做某事。 ⑻、have a good time// have fun// enjoy +反身代词(玩的高兴) 反身代词:myself,ourselves,yourself,yourselves,himself,herself,itself,themselves ⑼、kind of 种;try to+V 原(试图做...); be famous for(以...而闻名)// be famous as(作为...而闻名); come true(实现); be crowd(拥挤); wake up(醒来) ⑽、It’s+adj.+for+sb.+to+V 原(对某人来说做某事很...) It’s+adj+to+V 原(去做某事很..) Unit 1 Will people have robots? ( )1、There will be A. few ( )2、--A. How long B.little pollution than now. C.much D.less In three hours. D.How farwill she get to Shanghai? --B.How soon C.How often to school. C.can go D.went( )3、Tomorrow is Saturday.We A. will go B.won’t go( )4、The text is very easy for you.There are A. a few B.a little C.few . C.come in D.littlenew words in it.( )5、I hope your dream will A. come true 6、 His father 7、 It often 8、 It’s easy 9、 In the future,there 10、 e outD.come on(not be) back home in a week. (rain) in South China. Tomorrow it (study) English well. (be)more robots everywhere. (climb) the mountain tomorrow? (rain) again.11、There will be some paper money in 100 years.(改成否定句)。 12、The students will study at home.(改成一般疑问句,并作否定回答。)? 13、Mr Smith will come back in three days.(对画线部分提问)。? 14、Jim 和 Tony 有相同的发型。Jim hashair styleTony.15、学生们爱上了这个村庄。The studentsthe beautiful country.
人教版Go for it 8年级下英语第九单元纲要和练习题 隐藏&& Unit 9 Have you ever been to an amusement park?一、时态:现在完成时 ①结构: have/has + V...人教版Go for it 8年级下英语第五单元纲要和练习题 隐藏&& Unit 5 If you go to the party,you’ll have a great time!一、if 引导的条件状语从句: 主句...人教版Go for it 8年级下英语第七单元纲要和练习题 隐藏&& Unit 7 Would you mind turning down the music?一、短语 ⑴、would would you you mind + Ving...人教版Go for it 8年级下英语第二单元纲要和练习题 隐藏&& Unit 2 What should I do?一、问题、麻烦: What’s What’s What’s What’s What’s 建议:...人教版Go for it 8年级下英语第三单元纲要和练习题 隐藏&& Unit 3 What were you doing when the UFO arrived? 一、时态(过去进行时) 结构: was//were +...新版人教版八年级下册英语第一单元测试题带答案_英语_初中教育_教育专区。UNIT ...由第一段第八句He was worried about it and had to go to a doctor.可知...改新版人教版八年级下册英语第一单元测试题带答案 (1)_初二英语_英语_初中教育...He was worried about it and had to go to a doctor.“Stop eating much ...新版人教版八年级下册英语第一单元测试题带答案_初二英语_英语_初中教育_教育专区...由第一段第八句He was worried about it and had to go to a doctor.可知...新版人教版八年级下册英语第一单元测试题带答案_英语_初中教育_教育专区。【备课...49.C 由第一段第八句He was worried about it and had to go to a ...最新人教版初二下册英语第一单元练习题_英语_初中...八年级下册英语第一单元练习题 一、 完成下列短语...It’s important for us ___ 7. We should exercise...
All rights reserved Powered by
copyright &copyright 。文档资料库内容来自网络,如有侵犯请联系客服。2014年初二上英语-阅读理解
题目数 1313 道题
技能数 13 个
阅读理解->人物传记_故事阅读类,初中
阅读理解->日常生活类
阅读理解->人物传记_故事阅读类
阅读理解->广告布告类
阅读理解->人生百味类
阅读理解->政治经济文化类
阅读理解->健康保健类
阅读理解->教育类
阅读理解->新闻报道类
阅读理解->社会历史类
阅读理解->日常生活类
阅读理解->人物传记_故事阅读类
阅读理解->广告布告类
阅读理解->人生百味类
阅读理解->政治经济文化类
阅读理解->健康保健类
阅读理解->教育类
阅读理解->新闻报道类
阅读理解->社会历史类
Hello,everyone!My name is Emily.I’m 38 years old and live in a small city near New York now.Three years ago.I started to learn Russian.I once had a Russian friend.We used to meet twice a month and have some coffee and a talk together.However, she went to China later, so nobody can help me with my Russian.I hope to find an outgoing Russian girl to help me learn more about Russian culture.I can help you with your English or Spanish.I can also speak a little Chinese.I have many friends in this city and they think I’m friendly.I think we’ll be good friends and have much good time. If you like to be my friend, you can email me at emily@163.com.I’m sorry for writing in English but it would take me too long to express myself in Russian.Hope to hear from you soon.Emily【小题1】Emily began to learn Russian at the age of ________.A.33B.35C.38D.41【小题2】Emily is good at_________.A.English and RussianB.Spanish and ChineseC.Chinese and RussianD.English and Spanish【小题3】Emily’s friends think she is________.A.creativeB.seriousC.kindD.shy【小题4】Which of the following is TRUE?A.Emily lives in America now.B.Emily has few friends in her city.C.Emily’s Russian friend will come back to Russia.D.Emily used to meet her Russian friend twice a week.【小题5】Why does Emily write the email?A.To find a job in Russia.B.To teach others English.C.To find a Russian teacher.D.To make a Russian friend.
参考答案:
题目解析:
Mr. White works in an office. One day, when he had lunch, a friend came to visit him . They were very happy and talked a lot. Then they looked at the clock on the wall. It was time to go to office. He had to stay goodbye to his friend and left. It was raining hard and the streets were wet. He drove too fast to see the red lights . And he couldn’t stop his car and hit a car in front of his. An old man got off and called out angrily, “ What are you doing? Do you want to hit me to death(死亡)?”“I’m sorry , sir,” said Mr. White . “I didn’t find the lights turned red.” Then he brought out a bottle of wine(酒) and gave it to the old man .21教育名师原创作品“ It’s very cold today , sir ,” said Mr. white . “Please drink a little , then you’ll be warmer.” The old man drank some wine and became happy. “I’m feeling much better now. Why don’t you drink any?” he asked.“I can’t drink anything now ,sir,” answered Mr. White.“I’m waiting for the policeman to come .Only drunkers(酒鬼)cause accidents, you know!”【小题1】The story happened________________.A.in the morningB.in the afternoonC.in the eveningD.at night【小题2】Mr White drove too fast because _______________A.he was happy that dayB.he was good at drinking C.there were few cars in the streetD.he was afraid to be late【小题3】Mr White hit the car because
________.A.he didn’t see itB.it was raining hard C.he couldn’t stop his car in time D.he couldn’t drive at all.【小题4】Mr White gave a bottle of wine to the old man ________.A.to put the blame onto himB.to make him happyC.to make him warmD.to leave there before the policeman【小题5】At last ___________________.A. the old man felt much better B.the old man was friendly to Mr White C.Mr White drank some ,too .D.Mr White fooled the old man .
参考答案:
题目解析:
New traffic laws (交通法) say that if people cross the street when the light is red, they can be fined as much as 50 yuan.The law has new rules for drivers and pedestrians(行人. Drivers have to slow down when they are close to crosswalks. If people are in a crosswalk, cars must stop to let them pass.There are rules for bus drivers, too. If bus drivers smoke, drink or make phone calls while driving, they can be fined. Buses that carry too many people are also against the law.Do you ride a bike to school? It’s not a good idea to carry classmates on the back. You could be fined 50 yuan. And stay in the bike lane (车道) when you’re riding. The big roads are for cars and buses.Do you like to ride your uncle’s motorbike? When you put on your helmet (头盔), ask him to put one on, too. People on motorbikes must wear helmets, the new law says. If they don’t, they’ll have to pay 200 yuan.Do you ride in cars often? Don’t forget to put on your seat belt (安全带), even if you’re going for a short taxi ride. It could save your life.If you see a hit-and –run (肇事逃逸), tell the police. They may give you a reward (奖赏). And don’t be afraid to help people to the hospital if they are hurt in an accident. Don’t worry about money. The new law says that doctors must take care of them even if they can’t pay right away.【小题1】What does the word “crosswalk” mean in Chinese?A.过马路B.人行横道C.立交桥D.车行道【小题2】If you are a bus driver, ______while you are driving, according to the new traffic laws.A.you can make a phone callB.you can’t talk to othersC.you can’t smokeD.you can drink【小题3】When you ride in a car, the first thing you must do is __________.A.to put on the helmetB.to pay the driverC.to put on the seat beltD.to see if it carries too many people【小题4】You should do all the following EXCEPT _________.A.carrying your classmate on the back when you’re riding a bikeB.phoning the police when you see a hit-and-runC.helping people to the hospital if they are hurt in an accidentD.wearing your helmet while riding a motorbike
参考答案:
题目解析:
In Bulgaria(保加利亚),people have the Rose Festival in June.The first Rose Festival was in 1930.At the Rose Festival. people put on beautiful clothes. There are many rose flowers in their cloths.Rose Festival is usually on the first weekend in June There are lots of shows for the festival.The rose-picking in the rose gardens and the parade(游行) along the streets of the town are the most interesting in the festival. Rose picking starts early in the morning ( around 4 am ) and women pick the roses.A group of men parade along the streets and play music.根据短文内容,正确的选择A,错误的选择B【小题1】People hold the Rose Festival in July in Bulgaria.【小题2】The rose-picking in the rose gardens is the only activity during the festival.【小题3】The Rose Festival is a traditional festival of Bulgaria and began in 1930.【小题4】In Bulgaria, there are lots of shows for the festival.【小题5】At the Rose Festival , there are many rose flowers in their clothes.
参考答案:
题目解析:
Want ads(1) Wanted :“Are you hard-working ?” Do you like to meet people? If your answer is “Yes”, then we have a job for you as a waiter, call AL Hotel at 556779!(2)Summer Job: Do you like to talk with people ? Do yu like to write stories? If you want to work for our magazine as a reporter. Please call Karen at 558366.(3)Help wanted: Do you like babies ? Can you look after one baby for two days ? If you are sure to take good care of it, call us at 766588. $80 or more. Today ! Hurry !(4)Cleaner wanted: Can you make a large house clean and tidy? If you hope to get the job paid at $20 once, call us this evening 18:00-20:00 Tel : 633800.【小题1】The above job ads are probably from __________A.a newspaperB.a story book.C.a science bookD.a guide book【小题2】If you like children and have two days free, you can call at _________A. 556779
d. 633800【小题3】If the owner(主人) of the large houses asks a cleaner to tidy his house twice a week ,how much willl the cleaner get in a month?A.$120B.$160C.$200D.240【小题4】 __________are needed in AL hotel.A.CleanersB.Baby-sittersC.ReportersD.Waiters【小题5】If you’re a college(大学) student of English ,and you enjoy writing, during your summer holidays you will be more interested in the job in ______A.ad(1)B.ad(2)C.ad(3)D.ad(4)
参考答案:
题目解析:
Today is Children&s Day. Mr. Lee and his students are watching animals. Some of the boys are going to the monkey -house to see the monkeys. Some of the girls are going to the panda-house to see the pandas. San and Billy are going to the tiger-house to see the tigers. Ann, Lily, and Sue are going to the bird-house to see the beautiful birds. Look at Jenny, She wants to give the animals some food. But Mr. Lee says to her, “I am sorry that you can&t do that.” Jenny&s face is red when she hears the words.根据短文,判断正误,正确的写 “T”,错误的写 “F”。【小题1】Today is June first.【小题2】Mr. Lee and his students are having a class at school today.【小题3】Some boys are
watching the monkeys. 【小题4】Only Lily and Sue are going to watch the birds.【小题5】Jenny&s face becomes red because she feels sorry.
参考答案:
题目解析:
We know good manners are important. Today I am going to tell you something about manners in different countries. I think you already know that people in different countries usually have different ways of doing things. Something that is rude in one country may be quite polite in another. For example, in Britain you mustn’t lift your bowl to your mouth when you are having liquid food. That is considered bad manners in Britain. But in Japan you needn’t worry about making a noise when you drink something. It shows that you are enjoying it. In Britain we try not to put our hands on the table at all during a meal. In Mexico, however, guests are expected to keep their hands on the table throughout a meal. In Arabic countries we must be careful with our hands. You see, in Arabic countries you mustn’t eat with your left hand. This is considered to be very impolite. So, what should you do if you visit a foreign country? Well, you needn’t worry. You can ask the native people there to help you and you can just watch carefully and try to do what they do. 【小题1】In Arabic countries you must be careful with your _____.A.feetB.mouthC.eyesD.hands【小题2】In Britain we try not to put our hands _____ during a meal.A.on the deskB.in the bedC.on the tableD.in the pocket【小题3】Which of the following is true?A.In different countries, the manners are the same.B.Different manners in different countries.C.Good manners are not important.D.In Arabic countries we mustn’t be careful with our hands.【小题4】What’s the meaning of the underlined word “throughout”?A.穿过B.贯穿C.通过D.横过【小题5】The mainly idea of this passage is ______.A.MannersB.HabitsC.TrafficD.Lights
参考答案:
题目解析:
【题文】Where Are We Going, Dad? is one of the most popular television shows in China now. Fathers now take an active part in their children&s lives. Five well-known fathers and their children travel around China, riding camels through the western deserts (沙漠), fishing in the east sea, and selling vegetables to get money back home in the southwestern Yunnan Province. One dad doesn’t know how to do his daughter’s hair, but he learns quickly and does it well now. Another one must stay with his son for three days in the desert, because he and his son don’t know how to cook, the two only eat instant (即食) noodles.
This show raises an important question for modern Chinese society (社会) —what is the role(角色)of fathers in today’s China? In the old days, children must obey parents’ wishes and look after them in their old age. But Chinese parents now think that discussing and respecting (尊重) their children’s choices may be a better way to prepare them for modern society. “As they raise their children, parents are growing up at the same time,” said Wang Renping.【小题1】From this passage, we know that Where Are We Going, Dad? is a _______. A. movie
B. song C. TV show 【小题2】Which of the following things fathers didn’t do for their children?A. Go fishing.
B. Sell vegetables.
C. Go skating. 【小题3】One of the fathers has to eat instant noodles with his son because _______.A. it’s delicious
B. he doesn’t know the way
C. he can’t cook【小题4】In this passage the underlined word choice means _______. A. 差异 B. 选择 C. 个性【小题5】Which of the following is true?A. In the old days, Chinese parents must obey their children’s wishes.B. Now Chinese children don’t have to take care of their parents in their old ageC. Parents are growing up with their children in modern China.
参考答案:
题目解析:
Sydney is a young city. Its history goes back just over 200 years. But in Australia, it is the oldest city. It is also the country& s largest city. Sydney is the capital of New South Wales and the most popular city of Australia.The climate of Sydney is very good. It& s not too cold during the winter and not too hot during the summer. The sky is blue, the air is fresh, and birds sing in the garden. People who live in Sydney seem to have an easy life style. They will tell you, &Don&t worry. &Many people think that Sydney is one of the most attractive cities in the world. It has many tall and modern buildings. Among them, Center point Tower is the tallest. Standing on the 305-metre(80 storeys)tower, you will have a great view of the city.Sydney is famous for its deep harbor(港口). The harbor has many bays(湾) and beautiful surf beaches.
Among them, Bondi beach is the most popular.
Sydney Harbor is not only beautiful, it also serves as a large port. Ships carry wool, wheat and meat from Sydney to other countries.People living in Sydney like to call themselves Sydneysiders. They are mostly friendly and easygoing. When they are not working, they love to have a good time at the beach, swimming and sailing.【小题1】Sydney is the_____city in Australia.A.youngestB.largestC.coldestD.hottest【小题2】 It seems that people in Sydney have easy life because_____.A.the climate is very goodB.the sea is very beautifulC.they are very richD.they always tell you, &Don&t worry. &【小题3】What is true about the Center point?A.It& s the tallest building in the world.B.It&s an old building.C.You can see most of the city on it.D.It& s 80-metre tall.【小题4】 Australia is rich in_____.A.woolB.wheatC.meatD.all the above【小题5】What do you think of people in Sydney?A.coolB.busyC.shyD.warm-hearted
参考答案:
题目解析:
Mary went to Canada on vacation.After a week, she came back to New York, she told a lot of interesting things to her best friends,Jack Jack was very interested in Canada and decided to have a visit there.The nest summer vacation, Jack and Mary had a plan to go to Canada together. But her mother was badly ill(病的) so she went to the airport to see her friend off(送).When they got to the airport, Mary had to go to the washroom. After she came back, she couldn’t find Jack because there were so many people at the airport. She looked for him everywhere, but it was hard to find Jack among(在……之间) the people. Suddenly (突然) Mary saw Jack and she felt very happy, then she shouted, “Hi, Jack Here, here!”At the same time,Jack waved(挥动)his arms,”I’m here!”In 3 minutes, so many policemen came to the front of Jack and caught him, &Please come with me to the police office.& After the policemen found out the reason, they let them free. Why? Because the word &hijack& in the English has different meanings. If you want to know, you can look it up in the dictionary.【小题1】 Mary lived in_____.A.CanadaB.LondonC.TorontoD.New York【小题2】Mary couldn&t go to Canada with Jack because_____.A she didn&t want to go there again.B. she missed the planeC. her mother was badly ill.D. she was badly ill【小题3】 Why was it hard for Mary to find Jack at the airport?_____.A.Because Jack was in the plane.B.Because there were too many people.C.Because he was in the washroom.D.Because the policemen took him away from the airport.【小题4】 The word &hijack& means_____in Chinese.A.劫机B.嘿,杰克C.救命啊D.揩油【小题5】Which of the following is WRONG?_____.A.Jack didn&t go to Canada because of the policeman.B.Jack and Mary planned to go to Canada together.C.A lot of policemen came to the front of Jack because of Mary&s shout.D.After Mary got to the airport, she had to go to the washroom.
参考答案:
题目解析:
Mr. Weeks is fifty years old. He&s taught maths in a middle school for twenty years. He works and always comes to his office on time. He hopes his students will be honest and he is strict with them. Some of his students have become famous persons, but they still remember him and often write to him. Of course the man is proud of them.This term he began to teach Grade One. Some of the new students were told about him, but the others didn’t know about him. On the first day of school he told the students how to be an honest person. He gave them some examples and said, “I don’t like telling a lie.” Before class was over, he told all his students to finish Exercise 8 in Lesson 1.The next morning, as soon as he came into the classroom, he asked. &Who&s finished Exercise 8?” A few students raised their hands. He shook his head and said. &Open your workbooks and see if there&s Exercise 8 in Lesson 1.&The students had a look at their workbooks and their faces turned red at once.【小题1】The students still remember Mr. Weeks because ________.A.he taught them maths and something important as wellB.he was a famous personC.he was an old teacherD.he was never late【小题2】What is Mr. Weeks proud of &?A.All his students have become famous persons.B.All his students often write to him.C.Some of his students have been famous.D.He&s been a teacher for twenty-six years.【小题3】Mr. Weeks told his students to finish Exercise8 in Lesson1 because ________.A.it was very interestingB.he wanted to know if they were honestC.it was very importantD.he wanted to give them a maths example【小题4】Some students’ faces turned red because ________.A.they found Exercise8 but didn&t finish itB.they forgot what Mr. Weeks had told themC.they weren&t able to work out Exercise8D.they told a lie in class【小题5】In fact, ________.A.only some of the students finished Exercise8B.there was no Exercise8 in Lesson1C.the students found and finished Exercise8D.all the students wanted to be honest
参考答案:
题目解析:
For British people, the home is private place in which he or she goes to hide away from the troubles of life. It is very seldom that one would be invited to a British person’s home. It is rude to knock on a person’s door if you are not invited. If you are invited, don’t ask to see more than the downstairs that your British host invites you into. Never ask how much the house or any of the items in if cost.To the American, most of them want their home to be a place where they can entertain (款待) and share their lives with their friends. They may be delighted to give you a full tour of their houses. They may also be pleased when you show your interest and pleasure in their houses.Both British and American people will engage in quite a bit of chat and a drink or two before the meal is served. After the first mouthful, you should say how delicious the food is and ask something about it. Remember, never eat with your mouth open and make very little noise while eating. It would be nice of you to help your host in any way. Maybe offer to pour some drinks or clear up after the meal.【小题1】British people _______ invite friends to their home。A.often B.alwaysC.seldomD.never【小题2】If your British friend invites you to his home, you can ____.A.see anything you likeB.ask how much his house isC.ask the cost of any of the items in itD.only see the downstairs that you are invited into【小题3】If you say you like his house ,the American honest may be ______.A.angryB.happyC.sadD.worried【小题4】What does the underlined “engage in” mean in Chinese?A.陷入B.参与C.回避D.限制【小题5】What’s the main idea of the passage?A.Some manners on visiting British and American people’s home.B.Different table manners between British and American people.C.Different ideas about the home between British and American people.D.Different ideas about how to get along well with neighbors between British and American people.
参考答案:
题目解析:
A crow(乌鸦) is about twenty inches(英寸) long and black all over. Crows are dirty birds because they live on bad food. Crows eat a lot of waste food. In this way they are more useful to us than any birds. They clean up the dirty things in our streets. Crows are always hungry. They look for food all day, and in the evening you can see them in large numbers flying back to their nests(巢) in the trees. They sleep there at night.Crows are much noisier than other birds. Very often a large number of crows will get together on one house and talk. Sometimes they talk together, and sometimes they do it by turns(轮流) like human beings(人类). It is easy to tell(判断) from crow’s sound if they are pleased or angry. Perhaps crows talk a lot because they are friendly birds. A pair of crows will live together all their lives, and if one of them dies, the other one becomes very sad and quiet for the rest of its life and some time later it dies too.【小题1】 Crows “live on bad food” means “ _________ ”.A.Crows eat old bad food.B.Old bad food is crows’ nests.C.Crows make their nests on old bad food.D.Crows sleep on old bad food.【小题2】 Crows are more useful to us because they ________________.A.are clean birdsB.can move away waste foodC.can make our streets cleanD.aren’t dirty【小题3】Crows always look for food _________.A.in the eveningB.all dayC.in the morningD.at night【小题4】 I don’t think crow often talk __________.A.togetherB.by turnsC.noisilyD.quietly【小题5】If a pair of crows loves each other, ________A.they will not live together.B.one of them cannot live alone happily.C.they will dieD.one of them will die
参考答案:
题目解析:
WANT ADS. (1) WANTEDAre you
hard—working? Do you like to meet people? If your answer is “Yes”, then we
have a job for you as a waiter. Call AL Hotel at
556779!(2) SUMMER JOBDo you like to
talk with people? Do you like to write stories? If you want to work for our
magazine as a reporter, please call Karen at 558366.(3)HELP WANTEDDo you like
babies? Can you look after one baby for two days? If you are sure to take
good care of him/her, call us at 766588. $80 or more. Today! Hurry!(4) CLEANER WANTEDCan you make a
large house clean and tidy? If you hope to get the job paid at $20 once, call
us this evening 18:00—20:00.
Tel:633800【小题1】The ads(广告) above are probably from ________.A.a newspaperB.a story bookC.a science bookD.a guide book【小题2】 If you like children and have two days free, you can call at ________ for a job.A.556779B.558366C.766588D.633800【小题3】If the owner of the large house asks a cleaner to tidy his house twice a week, how much will the cleaner get in a month?A.$120B.$160C.$200D.$240【小题4】. ________ are needed in AL Hotel.A.CleanerB.Baby—sittersC.ReportersD.Waiters【小题5】 If you’re a college student of English who enjoys writing, during your summer holidays you will be more interested in the job in ________.A.ad. (1)B.ad. (2)C.ad. (3)D.ad. (4)
参考答案:
题目解析:
Many companies use guards and expensive alarm systems to protect their property(财产). Soon a new kind of protection will be used—robots. Engineers have been working on the first mobile robots for businesses. The robots will guard factories, warehouses(仓库)and museums at night.The mobile robots will move around slowly on wheels. They will be able to detect(察觉,发现) people through walls and pick up sounds, such as breaking glass. They can be fixed with loud sirens to frighten thieves, or radios to signal police or guards.To protect a building, a robot will have to move around without knocking into the walls. Information about the building will have to be stored in the robot’s small, built-in computer. A floor map could be programmed into the computer’s memory, for example.A mobile robot will not be able to do everything. Unlike human guards, it will not be able to climb stairs, open doors, or move along rough ground. It won’t be able to tell the difference between friends and enemies. Because of that, people will have to be prevented from entering the area it moves.One kind of mobile robot will be able to “sense” whether a chair or a box has been moved and go around it. This robot will also judge size well enough so that it won’t send an alarm if a cat crosses the room. And if someone tries to steal this robot, it will sound a loud, painful siren. The three-foot-tall robot is hard to be stolen anyway. It weighs about 200 pounds.U.S. companies pay almost $10 billion a year to protect their property with alarm systems and human guards. Mobile robots may be cheaper.【小题1】Why is the new kind of robots called mobile robots? Because they can _______________.A.guard factories, warehouses and museumsB.send loud, painful sirens when it is stolenC.sense moving objects and signal policeD.move around and do the programmed work【小题2】How will a robot get directions for moving around a building?A.From a human guard.B.From a built-in computer.C.From another robot.D.From radio signals.【小题3】What can be the best title of this passage?A.New Guards.B.Science and Technology.C.Alarm Systems.D.Engineers and Robots.
参考答案:
题目解析:
“All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. ” is a popular saying in the USA. We need to rest as we need to work. Without enjoying recreation (娱乐) we can’t keep ourselves in good health and high spirit (精神), and so we can’t continue working well.People have different ways to relax themselves, but the most popular way is to take part in some sports. There are individual (个人的) sports: swimming, running, skating and climbing mountains. There are also team sports: basketball, volleyball and football. Many people also like some forms of indoor recreation, just like singing, dancing and watching TV. It doesn’t matter whether you like indoor recreation or outdoor sports. You need to play well if you want to work well.【小题1】 If we want to be healthy and enjoy life, we _____ .A. need to work and recreateB. should sleep all the timeC. must work all the time【小题2】 Football is a kind of _____.A. individual sportB. team raceC. team sport【小题3】 In the saying “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.”, the word “dull” means _____ .A.good
C. foolish【小题4】 The most popular way of relaxing is to _____ .A.take part in some sportsB. studyC. read English stories【小题5】Which of the following statements is right?A. If you want to keep fit, you can only take part in team sports.B. Recreation can help us work betterC. Indoor recreation is bad for our health
参考答案:
题目解析:
Every year several thousand people die in the car accidents in Great Britain. And between one and two hundred thousand people are hurt. There are rules to make the roads safe, but people do not always obey (遵守) the rules. They are careless. If everybody obeys the rules, the road will be much safer. How can we make the roads safer?Remember this rule. In Great Britain traffic keeps to the left. Cars, buses and bikes must all keep to the left side of the road. In most other countries traffic keeps to the right. Before crossing the road, we should stop and look at both ways. Look right and left. Then, if you are sure that the road is clear, it is safe to cross the road. If you see small children or very old people, help them to cross the road. We must teach our children to cross the road safely. We must always give them a good example. Small children must not play in the street. 【小题1】 If we want to make the roads safer, _______. A.everybody must be careful and obey the traffic rules B.traffic should keep to the right [来源:]C.don’t cross the road too often D.roads must be clear【小题2】If you ride a bike in Great Britain, you must ride_______ . A.on the right side of the road B.on the left side of the road C.in the middle of the roadD.behind the buses【小题3】 Which is NOT right?A.Before crossing the road, we should stop and look at both ways.B.In our country traffic keeps to the right.C.Few people die in the traffic accidents in Great BritainD.Streets are not safe places for playing.【小题4】“The road is clear” means that _______. A.the road is not noisyB. the road is very clean C. there is no car or bus runningD.you can see very clearly on the road【小题5】 The safe way to cross the road is to_______. A.look rightB.look left C.look both ways, right and leftD.run cross the road
参考答案:
题目解析:
Welcome to Jay Chou’s ConcertDate: October 1st~October 3rdPlace: The Worker’s StadiumTime: 7:00 pm~9:00 pmPrice: 380 yuan for a student580 yuan for an adult (成人)◆The stadium is across
from (对面) the Bank of China and Hongxing School. You can
take the No. 110 bus there.◆Please come before
6:50 pm, or you can’t get into the stadium.【小题1】The concert will last for _____days.A.twoB.threeC.fourD.five【小题2】We can listen to Jay Chou’s music at_____.A.the Worker’s StadiumB.Hongxing SchoolC.the Bank of ChinaD.Great Restaurant【小题3】We can go to the concert at_____.A.9:00 pmB.3:00 pmC.7:00 pmD.6:30 pm【小题4】Li Ming is a middle school student. He wants to go to the concert with his parents. Theyneed to pay_____yuan.A.1,140B.1,340C.1,540D.1,740【小题5】Which of the following is TRUE?A.The stadium is on the right of Hongxing School.B.There is a school near the Bank of China.C.The concert will last for about three hours.D.People can’t go to the concert by bus.
参考答案:
题目解析:
Bob was only seven years old. One night Bob was at home alone while his parents were out for a party. He had often stayed alone before, so he wasn’t afraid. As he waited for his parents to return home, he watched a film on TV. His eyes became heavier and heavier as time passed by.Suddenly Bob’s eyes opened wide—what was the sound in the next room? Bob heard the window being opened slowly. For a minute, Bob was so frightened that he could not move, and his body felt like ice. He knew that he couldn’t lose his head(惊慌失措)and began to think of the things he could do. Again he heard the sound of someone trying to climb into his home through the window.Bob’s drums were standing in the corner near the TV. “Wait, maybe there is something I can do,” thought Bob. He beat on his drums as hard as he could. The sound was so terrible that Bob surprised even himself. He also surprised the man in the window, who ran away as fast as possible. How clever he was!【小题1】Was Bob afraid of being alone at home?A.Yes, he was.B.No, he wasn’t.C.Sometimes he was.D.No, he didn’t.【小题2】What did Bob do when he waited for his parents?A.He played the drums.B.He watched TV.C.He fell asleep.D.He did nothing.【小题3】The person who wanted to come into the room might be _______.A.a friendB.a strangerC.an animalD.a thief【小题4】How did Bob do to make the man run away?A.He turned up the TV.B.He called the police.C.He beat his drums.D.He asked his parents for help.
参考答案:
题目解析:
It&s important to develop the healthy habits in your daily life. The following will help you become healthier and keep perfect shape.Eat properly. A healthy diet is very important for everybody. Breakfast is the most important meal in a day. Doctors suggest that students’ breakfast should include fruit, eggs, milk, rice or noodles, because these can offer them necessary energy, help them listen carefully in class and keep them healthy. Eat enough for lunch and little for supper. But remember that too much sugar is bad for your teeth and blood. You shouldn&t have too many sweet snacks and desserts in your diet, even though such food tastes delicious.Keep off germs(病菌). Daily tooth cleaning reduces the amount of germs which will spread diseases. Germs in the mouth are likely to enter the blood and cause illness, even heart disease. Even if you’ re not sick, always remember to cough or sneeze into your arms instead of your hands because hands can spread germs to others when you touch something else. Besides, washing hands is necessary after going to the toilet or before having a meal. And you&d better rub both hands while washing them.Exercise regularly. Regular exercise can improve your moods and balance. Wha’s more, it’s good for bones. There are many forms of exercise: walking or running for about 30 minutes a day playing ball games twice or three times a week, swimming or dancing often. You can choose your favorite to practise regularly. You will not only feel energetic but also think better after doing exercise.Stay connected. Having regular communication with friends is the key to reducing stress. And sharing happiness and sadness, exchanging information with others can also help improve memory. Having a friend or a circle of friends can help you feel good.The 【小题1】________
to keep fitEating properlyYou should have
proper breakfast because it can 【小题2】________ you with necessary energy.You should have
enough for lunch and little for 【小题3】________.Sweet snacks and
desserts are tasty, 【小题4】________ you shouldn&t eat too much.Keeping off germsIt&s necessary for
you to 【小题5】________ your teeth every day, cough or sneeze into your arms’ and
wash your hands often to stop germs from 【小题6】________.【小题7】________ regularlyYou will feel 【小题8】________
and think better after doing exercise, so you can choose your favourite
sports to do.Staying connectedIt can help you
feel 【小题9】________ stressed when you communicate with your friends and it is
also useful in 【小题10】________
参考答案:
题目解析:
【题文】Michael Jordan is one of the most famous basketball players in the world. He was born in Brooklyn, New York.
He didn’t like to talk to other people about himself. He was very short and he didn’t play basketball very well when he joined the basketball team in his high school at first. But the next year, things changed greatly as he grew much taller.[来源:学科网]Michael Jordan became famous when he joined the university basketball team in North Carolina. Michael used his quickness(敏捷) and strength to reach the basket. He played so well that people called him “Air Jordan(飞人乔丹)”.After college, Michael became a basketball team member in the Chicago Bulls. The NBA was very surprised at this high-flying player. He was named “Rookie(新秀)”of the year in 1985 and “the Most Valuable(有价值的)player” in 1987. He once set a record(创记录) by getting 63 points in one game.【小题1】Michael Jordan was born in _____.A.EnglandB.CanadaC.AmericaD.German【小题2】At first he was very short, so he _____.A.played very wellB.played not very wellC.played very badD.didn’t play very well【小题3】Is Michael Jordan very short all the time?A.Yes, he is.B.No, he is.C.No, he isn’t.D.Yes, he isn’t.【小题4】He is often called”_____”.A.the Most Valuable Player.B.RookieC.Air JordanD.High-Flying Player【小题5】The NBA was very surprised because Jordan _____.A.was quick and strongB.jumped very highC.joined the Chicago BullsD.set a record
参考答案:
题目解析:
The earth is changing. Tomorrow it will be different. All the living things on the earth are changing. Even people are changing, and tomorrow you will be different.There are many kinds of change , and many different things that cause change. People need to realize the changes, to learn to see them, and to learn what causes change.Human beings must solve many problems so that they can continue to live successfully. War is one of these problems. Disease and natural disaster are problems. Having enough food and energy for the growing number to people in the world is a problem. Most problems can be solved, but some are impossible to solve. The way in which people solve problems affects how long and how well they can live.As people solve their problems, they change things, and changes often cause new problems for people and for their living things on the earth. Sometimes the new problems seem even worse than the old ones. Human beings will probably never stop having problems to solve. Can you use your imagination to describe a world that has no problems at all?【小题1】The reason why everything is changing as that _________.A. people want them to be changing B. there are many different things that cause them to changeC. the living things are changing.
D the world is too small【小题2】People need to solve problems because _____.A.there will be more and more new problems if they don’t solve the old onesB.The problems are difficult to solveC.they have to go on livingD.there are so many things that are changing .【小题3】New problems appear________.A. because old problems aren’t solved
B. because people don’t solve themC. because some people are foolish .
D when people are solving old ones【小题4】Which of the following is wrong according to the passage?A.Disaster and war are two of the problems people have to solve. B.People need to solve all the problems at the same time.C.The way people solve problems has much to do with their life.D.People can’t solve all the problems at one time.【小题5】The underlined word “disaster” in the passage probably means “_____” in Chinese.A.灾难B.资源C.条件D.环境
参考答案:
题目解析:
The children in the village wear dirty, cheap clothes. They sleep beside cows and sheep in small houses. They have no school. But they can write 26 English letters, and some know a few English words.How did it happen? It was because a U.S. group called One Computer Every Child offered them 20 computers.Can children teach themselves to read when they have no schools or teachers but have the help of today’s new technology(技术)? The goal(目的) of the group is to find out the answer. And the results are exciting.“The children are learning more than they would in one year of school,” said Matt Keller, who organized the programme.The fastest learner was an eight-year-old boy called Kelbesa Negusse. He said that he himself was like a lion.Keller said, “Seven months ago he didn’t know any English. But now he has known many words. I think if you give them food and water they will never leave the computer room. They will spend day and night there.”Kelbesa said, “I like the computer because I can learn things with it.” He added, “I know many English words, like dog, monkey, horse, sheep, cow, pig and cat.”Keller said that One Computer Every Child was planning a programme for children who couldn’t go to school.【小题1】From the first paragraph, we can learn that the people in the village are _____________.A.easyB.poorC.richD.bored【小题2】How can the children in the village learn English words?A.They go to school every day.B.They have good teachers.C.One Computer Every Child gave them computers.D.They can learn from books.【小题3】What is the goal of One Computer Every Child?A.To teach children how to use today’s new technology.B.To help children to spend their free time.C.To help children out of their hard life.D.To help children teach themselves to read through new technology.【小题4】What can we learn from the passage?A.Kelbesa is in Grade2 now.B.The computers help the children a lot.C.Keller is the teacher of those children.D.Kelbesa doesn’t like the computer.【小题5】What is the best title for the passage?A.Learning with the help of computersB.The development of One Computer Every ChildC.Computers are better than teachersD.How to learn by yourself
参考答案:
题目解析:
Most American families are smaller than the families in other countries. Most American families have one or two parents and one or two children each. Children in the US will leave their parents’ home when they grow up. They usually live far from their parents because they want to find good jobs. They often write to their parents or telephone them. And they often go to visit their parents on holiday. Parents usually let their children choose their own jobs. Americans think it important for young people to decide on their lives by themselves. Children are asked to do some work around their house. And in many families, children are paid for doing some housework so that they learn how to make money for their own use.【小题1】The size of most American families is ________ that of other countries.A.larger thanB.smaller thanC.as big asD.as small as【小题2】When children grow up, they leave their parents’ home to _________.A.get marriedB.be freeC.find good jobsD.study【小题3】They visit their parents ________.A.on weekdaysB.on weekendsC.at any timeD.on holiday【小题4】Which of the following statements is WRONG?A.Children have the freedom(自由) to choose their own job.B.Parents don’t ask their children to do the housework.C.Parents think it important for children to make their own decision.D.When children grow up, they usually live far away from their home.【小题5】Some parents pay their children for doing housework because ___________.A.children can learn how to make money for themselvesB.their children required them to do soC.they are richD.it is required by law
参考答案:
题目解析:
There are many kinds of food in the world. Scientists learn a lot about them. They say that there are some kinds of food people must eat every day. For example, people must eat some green and yellow vegetables. We shouldn&t eat too much meat. People also need to eat some fruits, bread and rice. Of course our bodies need some water and milk. Scientists say people in different countries and different places eat different kinds of food. They cook food in different ways. Different people eat at different times. In one place, people eat once or twice a day. But in another place, people eat three or four times. The scientists say when to eat and how many times to eat are not important. What we eat is the most important thing. Nowadays(现在), the world faces two problems. People in some places, for example, in Africa, are not full. Many people are eating junk food. It&s bad for people&s health. So it&s our duty to make everyone full and make everyone healthy. 【小题1】_____ know about food most according to the passage.A.FarmersB.CooksC.ScientistsD.Doctors【小题2】 Scientists think the most important thing about food is _____.A.how to cookB.when to eatC.what to eatD.how often to eat【小题3】 Which of the following statements(陈述) is NOT true?A.Every day, we should eat some vegetables.B.All the people in the world have enough food to eat.C.Many people are eating unhealthy food.D.Everyone is needed to help solve (解决) the two problems.【小题4】_____ is not good for our health.A.WaterB.BreadC.MilkD.Junk food
参考答案:
题目解析:
Healthy eating doesn’t just mean what you eat, but how you eat. Here is some advice on healthy eating.Eat with others. It can help you to see others’ healthy eating habits. If you usually eat with your parents, you will find that the food you eat is more delicious.Listen to your body. Ask yourself if you are really hungry. Have a glass of water to see if you are thirsty—sometimes you are just thirsty, you need no food. Stop eating before you feel full.Eat breakfast. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. After you don’t eat for the past ten hours, your body needs food to get you going. You will be smarter after eating breakfast.Eat healthy snacks like fruits, yogurt or cheese. We all need snacks sometimes. In fact, it’s a good idea to eat two healthy snacks between your three meals .This doesn’t mean that you can eat a bag of chips instead of a meal.Don’t eat dinner late. With our busy life, we always put off eating dinner until the last minute. Try to eat dinner at least 3 hours before you go to bed. This will give your body a chance to digest(消化) most of the food before you rest for the next 8—10 hours. 【小题1】How many pieces of advice does the writer give us?【小题2】What snacks are mentioned in the passage?【小题3】Should we keep eating until we are full?【小题4】What is the most important meal of the day?【小题5】What does the passage mainly tell us,why to eat or how to eat?
参考答案:
题目解析:
“Can I see my baby?” asked the happy new mother. When the baby was in her arms, she couldn’t believe her eyes. The baby was born without ears.Time proved that the baby’s hearing was perfect though he had no ears. He got on well with his classmates. But one day, he said to his mother, tears in his eyes, “A big boy called me a freak(畸形物).”The boy’s father asked the family doctor, “Could nothing be done?”“I believe I could graft(移植)on a pair of outer ears if they could be gotten,” the doctor said. They tried to find a person who would be helpful to the boy.One day, his father said to the son, “You’re going to the hospital, son. Mother and I have found someone who will donate the ears you need. But we must keep it a secret who the person is.”The operation was a great success, and a new person appeared. His cleverness and hard work made him a very successful person. He married and lived a happy life.He would ask his father, “Who gave me the ears? I could do enough for him or her.”“I can’t tell you,” said the father. “The agreement says that you are not allowed to know…not yet.”It was kept a secret for years, but the day did come. He stood with his father over his mother’s body. Slowly, the father raised the thick, brown hair. To his surprise, the son found his mother had no outer ears.“Mother said she was glad she never had her hair cut,” his father said in a low voice, “and nobody ever thought Mother less beautiful, did they?”【小题1】The mother was surprised at the first sight of her baby because the baby __________.A.had no outer earsB.was born without hairC.was in her armsD.could not hear her【小题2】The sentence “…, and a new person appeared” means _____________.A.a new baby was born in the hospitalB.a stranger came into the hospitalC.a new doctor took care of the babyD.the boy came to live a new life【小题3】 Why did the boy’s mother never have her hair cut?A.Because she liked her thick, brown hair.B.Because her work didn’t allow her to do that.C.Because her hair was good for her health.D.Because she wanted to keep the fact a secret.【小题4】Which of the following is NOT TRUE according to the passage?A.The boy couldn’t hear without ears at first.B.The boy didn’t know the truth until his mother died.C.His parents often encouraged him to work hard.D.His classmates were always making fun of him.【小题5】Which is the best title for the passage?A.A Clever BoyB.Kind ParentsC.Great LoveD.An Ear Operation
参考答案:
题目解析:
Hollywood child star Shirley Temple died on Monday Feb 10th 2014, at home in Woodside, California, from natural causes. &She was surrounded by her family and caregivers,& a statement said. With her sweet smile and curly blonde hair, she was one of the most popular stars of the 1930s, in hit movies like Bright Eyes and Stand Up and Cheer.Her singing, dancing and acting won over fans worldwide. She was given a special Oscar in 1935, when she was just six years old. To this day, she is still the youngest person to receive the award. After retiring from films at the age of 21, Temple returned to the spotlight as a politician(政客) and diplomat
. Shirley Temple started her film career at three years old. Between 1934 and 1938 she appeared in more than 20 feature films and was the top US movie star at that time. As well as being the youngest ever winner of an Oscar (at the age of 6 years and 310 days), Temple was also the youngest person to present one of the statuettes(小雕像). She stood on a chair to give Claudette Colbert the best actress prize for It Happened One Night in 1935. At the age of 12 Temple&s star burnt out -- her parents stopped her from making movies and sent her to a girls& school. Her final film , A Kiss For Corliss, is available to watch online for free. This is star&s final ever moment on the big screen. The actress retired from Hollywood in 1950, but she still appeared occasionally on TV. In 2006, she accepted the Life Achievement Award at the 12th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards.【小题1】What did Shirley Temple die of?A.cancerB.accidentC.heart diseaseD.natural causes【小题2】What did Shirley do after retiring from films? A.a politician and diplomatB.a president and politicianC.a director and writerD.all above【小题3】From the passage, we know that Shirley Temple died at the age of_A.95B.85 C.89D.82【小题4】Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage?A.Shirley Temple was given a normal Oscar in 1935.B.Shirley Temple started her film career when she was four years old.C.Shirley Temple was sent to a girls& school in 1941.D.Shirley Temple made her last movie m 1954.【小题5】Which of the following is NOT true according to the passage?A. Shirley Temple was one of the most popular stars of the 1930s,B.Between 1934 and 1938 Shirley Temple was the top US movie star.C.In 1935 Shirley Temple was the youngest winner of an Oscar instead of a presenter.D.In 2006, she accepted the Life Achievement Award at the 12th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards.
参考答案:
题目解析:
Take a look at the
following ads! You may find some useful information you need here!Guitar lessonsExperienced
musician from Australia. Good at teaching kids for 5 years!For more
information, please visit Larry’s website: www. music. com. auLost dogMedium size, with
brown spots and white short hair. Answer you whenyou call it David. Many
thanks for sending it back.Call Susan at
7328059.Taxi driver wantedFull time or part
time. Experience and a good knowledge of the city are necessary. English is
also a must.Under 45 years
old.Call Mr. White at
5132683.Apartment for saleTwo bedrooms, a
kitchen and a bathroom.Hot water
8:00-18:00.Beautiful sights
out of the windows.E-mail:
sdgt@yahoo. cn.【小题1】If you want to have a guitar lesson, you may ________.A.call Susan at 7328059B.surf the website: www. music. com. auC.telephone Mr. White at 5132683D.e-mail 【小题2】 Who is the owner of the lost dog?A.Mr. White.B.Larry.C.Susan.D.David.【小题3】 If you want the job as a taxi driver, you should ________.A.master at least three languagesB.know the city very wellC.be an experienced driverD.both B and C【小题4】Which information about the apartment is NOT mentioned in the table?A.It has a beautiful view. B.It has hot water in the daytime.C.It has three floors.D.It has a kitchen.【小题5】 How can you contact(联系) the owner of the apartment for more information?A.By sending an e-mail.B.By going to visit it.C.By making a phone call.D.By sending a fax (传真).
参考答案:
题目解析:
Can you imagine (想象)keeping an alien (外星)dog as a pet? This is what happens in CJ7—a wonderful movie made in China. Maybe some of you saw it. It came out in January, 2008. The movie is about a poor man Ti, his son Dicky and their alien dog CJ7.Dicky, a 10-year-old boy, lives a poor life with his father Ti, a worker. One day,his father finds a ball in the trash (废物)and he gives it to Dicky. The ball becomes a cute alien dog. It’s a small dog with big eyes and green hair. It can talk and do magic(魔法). Soon the dog comes to love Ti and his son. It goes to school with Dicky. It makes him laugh, but it makes trouble, too.When Ti falls off a building and dies, CJ7 saves his life. Because the dog loses all its power(能量), it becomes a doll. But Dicky still wears the dog around his neck. He hopes that CJ7 will come back to life one day.【小题1】 Dicky’s father finds CJ17 in the ________.A.classroomB.streetC.trashD.tree【小题2】 This passage tells us CJ17 can _______.A.help do some houseworkB.talk and do magicC.sing and danceD.help Dicky do homework【小题3】 Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage?A.CJ17 becomes a doll in the end.B.CJ17 never makes trouble.C.CJ17 doesn’t like Dicky’s schoolD.CJ17 makes a lot of money for Dicky.
参考答案:
题目解析:
Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise. This is an old English saying (谚语). It means that we should go to bed early at night and get up early in the morning. If we do, we shall be healthy. We shall also be rich and clever. Is this true? Perhaps it is. The body must have enough sleep. Children of your age need ten hours’ sleep every night. If you go to bed late, you can’t have enough sleep. Then you can’t think carefully and your homework will be wrong. You will not be wise and you may not become wealthy!Some people go to bed late at night and get up late in the morning. This is not good for them. We should sleep at night when it is dark. The dark helps us sleep well. When the daylight comes, we should get up. This is the time for exercise. If the body is not used, it will become weak. Exercise keeps it strong. Exercise helps the blood (血液) to move around inside the body. Blood takes nutrition (营养) to all parts of our bodies. The brains (大脑) in our heads also need blood. We think with our brains. If we keep our bodies healthy, and take exercise, we can think better!Our bodies also need air to breathe (呼吸). Without air we will die. Get up early in the morning and we can have plenty of clean, fresh air. That will keep us healthy and happy. 根据短文内容,选择正确答案。【小题1】The old English saying tells us _______. A.how to make more moneyB.when we should get upC.it is important to go to bed and get up earlyD.to stay up late【小题2】A child needs at least _______ hours’ sleep every night. A.7B.8C.9D.10【小题3】If you want to make your body strong, you should _______. A.exercise oftenB.have enough sleepC.go to bed earlyD.get up early【小题4】_______ provides nutrition for our brains. A.AirB.BloodC.ExerciseD.Sleep【小题5】Which of the following statements is Not true?A.Enough sleep makes you think carefully. B.The more sleep you have, the cleverer you are. C.Dark is good for sleeping. D.People will die without air.
参考答案:
题目解析:
Little Tommy was doing very badly in math. His parents had tried everything—tutors (家庭教师), cards, special learning centers—in short, everything they could think of. Finally they took Tommy to a catholic (天主教的) school. After the first day, little Tommy came home with a very serious look on his face. He didn’t kiss his mother hello. Instead, he went straight to his room and started studying. Books and papers were spread out all over the room and little Tommy was hard at work. His mother was surprised. She called him down to dinner .And as soon as he finished eating,he went back to his room without a word. In no time he was back hitting the books again. This went on for some time, day after day while the mother tried to understand what was happening. Finally, little Tommy brought home his report card. He quietly put it on the table and went up to his room and hit the books. His mom looked at it and to her surprise, little Tommy got an “A’’ in math. She could no longer hold her curiosity (好奇心). She went to his room and asked, “What made you make such great progress? Was it the nuns (修女)?”Little Tommy looked at her and shook his head, “No. ”“Well then,” she asked again. “What was it?”Little Tommy looked at her and said, “Well, on the first day of school, when I saw that man nailed (钉) to the plus sign (十字架), I knew they weren’t joking. ”【小题1】Why did Tommy’s parents send him to a catholic school?A.Because he could eat well there. B.Because he could earn more about nuns. C.Because his parents wanted him to do better in his math. D.Because his parents didn’t want him to learn math any more.【小题2】Tommy’s mother felt surprised that his son _______. A.was still the same as usualB.ate so much at dinnerC.kissed her hello after schoolD.worked hard but said little【小题3】“Hitting the books” means “_______” in Chinese. A.用功B.捶书C.发泄D.振作【小题4】The last sentence in the passage shows that _______. A.Tommy felt sorry for the nailB.Tommy was afraid of being nailedC.Tommy didn’t like the plus signD.Tommy liked playing jokes on others【小题5】From the passage, we can infer (推断) that _______. A.we should be strict with ourselvesB.mistaking (误解) might be good sometimesC.a catholic school is better than other onesD.nuns are good at helping children with their math
参考答案:
题目解析:
根据下面一篇短文的内容判断下列句子的正误,正确的用 “A” 表示,错误的用“B”表示。(共5小题,计5分)I have never taken cooking classes. I learned cooking from my mother because she was really interested in teaching me how to cook. The main reason for this was because when my mother got married, she didn&t know how to cook anything, not even an egg. My grandmother never allowed her to stay in the kitchen when she was cooking.My mother did not start to cook until she was twenty-five years old. In the beginning, it was very hard for her. Therefore, she had to take cooking classes to prepare(准备)our meals. After having that experience, she decided to teach me how to cook because she didn&t want me to have the same experience.I remember when I was seven years old, I started to learn cooking from my mother. Sometimes we prepared the meals that my mother already knew how make, and sometimes we prepared meals from recipes. Thanks to that experience, now I don&t need any help to cook a meal. I can cook for myself or f it doesn&t matter. I will do the same with my children because I don&t want them to have the same experience as my mother. If one day I am not with them, I want to be sure that they can continue their life without me.【小题1】The author learned cooking from her mother because they all liked cooking.【小题2】The author’s mother learned cooking by taking cooking classes.【小题3】The author began to learn to cook when she was seven years old.【小题4】The author learned cooking only by preparing the meals she knew quite well.【小题5】The author will do as her mother to make her children know the way of cooking.
参考答案:
题目解析:
Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise. This is an old English saying (谚语). It means that we should go to bed early at night and get up early in the morning. If we do, we shall be healthy. We shall also be rich and clever. Is this true? Perhaps it is. The body must have enough sleep. Children of your age need ten hours’ sleep every night. If you go to bed late, you can’t have enough sleep. Then you can’t think carefully and your homework will be wrong. You will not be wise and you may not become wealthy!Some people go to bed late at night and get up late in the morning. This is not good for them. We should sleep at night when it is dark. The dark helps us sleep well. When the daylight comes, we should get up. This is the time for exercise. If the body is not used, it will become weak. Exercise keeps it strong. Exercise helps the blood (血液) to move around inside the body. Blood takes nutrition (营养) to all parts of our bodies. The brains (大脑) in our heads also need blood. We think with our brains. If we keep our bodies healthy, and take exercise, we can think better!Our bodies also need air to breathe (呼吸). Without air we will die. Get up early in the morning and we can have plenty of clean, fresh air. That will keep us healthy and happy. 根据短文内容,选择正确答案。【小题1】 The old English saying tells us _______. A.how to make more moneyB.when we should get upC.it is important to go to bed and get up earlyD.to stay up late【小题2】 A child needs at least _______ hours’ sleep every night. A.7B.8C.9D.10【小题3】 If you want to make your body strong, you should _______. A.exercise oftenB.have enough sleepC.go to bed earlyD.get up early【小题4】 _______ provides nutrition for our brains. A.AirB.BloodC.ExerciseD.Sleep【小题5】 Which of the following statements is Not true?A.Enough sleep makes you think carefully. B.The more sleep you have, the cleverer you are. C.Dark is good for sleeping. D.People will die without air.
参考答案:
题目解析:
Mobile phone has become a problem for middle schools. Some middle schools in Australia have banned (禁止) students from carrying mobile phones during school hours.Mobile phone use among children has become a problem for the school this year. Several children have got mobile phones as Christmas gifts. Teachers said mobile phone use is a distraction (娱乐) to students during school hours and it also gives teachers so much trouble in their classrooms. Teachers were also saying that sometimes students might use phone messages to cheat during exams.She said some schools had tried to ban mobile phones. Some parents felt unhappy because they couldn’t get in touch with (与…联系) their children.Many teachers said students should not have mobile phones at school, but if there was a good reason, they could leave their phones at school office. They also said there were many reasons why the students should not have mobile phones at school: they were easy to lose and were a distraction from studies.Many people say that they understand why parents would want their children to have phones, but they think schools should let the students know when they can use their mobile phones.【小题1】Some middle schools in Australia have b

我要回帖

更多关于 one day mr smith 的文章

随机推荐