$29.99 USD
Packages that include this game
Buy Planetary Annihilation - Digital Deluxe Commander Bundle
Includes 2 items:
Planetary Annihilation, Planetary Annihilation - Digital Deluxe Add-on
$49.99 USD
Downloadable Content For This Game
$34.98 USD
"The successor to Total Annihilation, well above average with mechanics rarely found in other Real Time Strategy Games."
Recent updates
12 February
Release Build 78071
Balance
Tank Commanders
-Turn In Place set to False
Unit Cannon
-Health increased to 9000 from 3000
Radar
-Surface and Air Radar range decreased to 400 from 600
-Orbital Radar removed
-Orbital Sight range increased to 500 from 300
Advanced Radar
-Metal Cost decreased to 2400 from 4800
-Energy Draw decreased to 4000 from 4500
-Surface and Air Radar range decreased to 800 from 1200
-Orbital Radar removed
-Orbital Sight range increased to 900 from 300
Orbital Deepspace Radar
-Orbital Sight range increased to 500 from 300
Radar Satellite (ARKYD)
-Energy Draw increased to 700 from 300
-Orbital Radar removed
-Orbital Sight range increased to 600 from 100
Advanced Radar Satellite
-Orbital Radar removed
-Orbital Sight range increased to 1200 from 600
Ion Defense (Umbrella)
-Surface and Air Sight range decreased to 100 from 260
-Underwater Sight range decreased to 100 from 260
-Orbital Sight range increased to 300 from 260
-Orbital Range increased to 300 from 280
-Orbital Rate of Fire increased to 2.5 from 2.0
Defense Satellite (Anchor)
-Terrestrial Laser Range decreased to 100 from 120
-Orbital Laser Rate of Fire decreased to 2.5 from 3.0
Orbital Laser (SXX)
-Laser is now a Beam weapon
-Ammo Capacity increased to 12000 from 6000
-Ammo Per Shot increased to 12000 from 6000
-Mines can now only be seen by Combat Fabricators and Advanced Combat
Fabricators
Mine
-Observable layer set to Mine from Surface and Air
-Ignore Sight set to False
Combat Fabricator
-Set Mine Sight range to 100
Advanced Combat Fabricator
-Set Mine Sight range to 100
Land Scout (Skitter)
- Added Mine Sight vision layer
- Mine Sight set to 200
Combat Fabricator
- Energy Draw set to 800
Advanced Combat Fabricator
- Energy Draw set to 2000
Bug fix/Polish
- Planet smash work
– Craters are now unpathable by naval or land (whether there is water in them or not)
– Units will no longer float above the crater as if it were not there
– Planets smashing into others will now kill units as they are intended to do
- UI: HUD: Added control groups, ability to sub-select within control groups
- UI: HUD: Added controls to select idle fabbers/factories
- UI: HUD: Added quick select buttons based on unit category (bot, land, air, etc.)
- UI: HUD: Updated unit selection display to show total units selected, and allow for sub-selection based on unit category
- Improvements to physics update performance
- Improvements to Navigation performance
- Performance work on voxels
- Improvements on log handling for underwater units
- Updated AI to handle building on islands smarter
- Unit groups of different movement types will now try to stay together
– Unit groups will be split based on Land, Water, and Air/Orbital movement.
- Fix for units getting stuck when pathed or pushed into invalid terrain.
- Fix for units failing to path when given a move order while bordering invalid terrain.
- Improvements on units spinning around when reaching goal
- More improvements on AI not heading to where it knows it will be destroyed
- Improvements on units avoiding running into walls
- Fix for a SimPlanet crash
- Minor update to Anchor ground laser effect
- Changing SXX attack to a beam
- Tweaks on server clean up
- Fix for an invalid replay loading issue
- Crash fixes
- Normal AI and Hard AI are now easier
- Adjustments to how landing zones are handled in the system editor
- You can now confirm live game popups using the enter key
- Mouse scrolling will now only work on the panel you are focused on
- Fixes for some Steam Achievement bugs
- Changed the default minimum radius from 100 to 250
– This only affects new planets created in the system editor
- AI won’t transport commanders in an orbital lander anymore
- Control group UI will now scale to number of units selected
- Art pass on Idle buttons
- Planet smashes no longer deal damage way outside of crater range
- Air units will no longer attempt to hover below the normal ground height
- Air units will no longer land on unpathable terrain
- Bug fix for editor lighting issue on high height range planets
- Selection UI will no longer show type filters if there is only one type
- Quick select “All” buttons will no longer select fabbers unless it’s the fabber button
- Fixed issues of select all advanced button selecting fabbers
- Idle fabber/factory button now selects all target units on screen with single click, and all target units on planet with double click
- You can now track a control group by double clicking
- Fix for game resetting to FFA when you select a planet
- Fix for game crashing on 11+ player games
- Factory’s given rally/move/patrol points will still be idle if idle
- Improvements on AI when making attack choices
- Fixed a few instances of Join Game button not working
9 February
For those that purchased Planetary Annihilation during the Steam Winter Sale of 2013, you have a new Commander in your Armory! And to all who had purchased the game prior to this sale, you have this commander as well!
If you purchased the game prior to Jan 2, 2014 and do not see Ajax in your Armory, please contact Support at
Ajax Showroom:
About This Game
Colonize solar systems, annihilate homeworlds, and exterminate your foes in epic interplanetary battles with multiple players and thousands of units. Planetary Annihilation takes strategy gaming to a never-before-seen scale -- and gives players powerful tools to control the action.
Blow up everything, dominate with punishing spacecraft, robots, and other futuristic machines of war. Arm asteroids and send them on planet-destroying collision courses. And take over an entire galaxy in a dynamic single-player mode with procedurally generated content. Don’t just win, annihilate!
Epic Single-Player - Galactic War is a twist on traditional real-time strategy campaigns that has players battling across a dynamic galaxy filled with procedurally-generated content. Every playthrough is different. Annihilation is final.
Epic Multiplayer - Play with up to ten friends (or enemies) in massive free-for-all and team-based matches.
Spectate And Broadcast - Spectate matches with a suite of incredible viewing options or broadcast with integrated Twitch.TV support.
Advanced Command And Control - With intuitive drags and clicks, seamlessly switch between planets, mine resources, create custom unit formations, or pulverize armies.
Dynamic Picture-In-Picture - View and interact with your units on another planet in a second window as you focus and control the action in your primary view.
Instant Replays - View in-match recordings in real-time while matches are in progress. See when a battle turned by rewinding the game to any point or check out the entire match after a game ends.
Smash Planets - Don’t just win, annihilate. End games with the mother of all weapons: an asteroid on a collision course.
*Internet connection required.
System Requirements
SteamOS + Linux
Minimum:
Processor:32 or 64-bit Dual Core or better
Memory:4 GB RAM
Memory:Integrated graphics with shared memory requires 6GB
Graphics:Shader 3.0 / OpenGL 3.2 +
Resolution:
DirectX(R):9.0c
Hard Drive:2 GB HD space
Additional:These specs are still being determined.
Additional:Windows XP is NOT supported. The game will not run in XP.
Offline Mode:To automatically use a local server, we require 8GB of RAM and 4 logical CPUs. Local server requires 64-bit. There is no 32-bit server.
Recommended:
Processor:Quad Core
Memory:8 GB RAM
Graphics:Dedicated Graphics Chip (Not Integrated) / OpenGL 3.2+
DirectX(R):9.0c
Offline Mode:To automatically use a local server, we require 8GB of RAM and 4 logical CPUs. Local server requires 64-bit. There is no 32-bit server.
Minimum:
Processor:64-bit Dual Core or better
Graphics:Shader 3.0 / Open GL 3.2+
Resolution:
Additional:32-bit versions of OS X are not supported
Offline Mode:To automatically use a local server, we require 8GB of RAM and 4 logical CPUs.
Recommended:
We urge all OS/X users to use the free upgrade to 10.9 or 10.10 to guarantee maximum compatibility and performance.
Offline Mode:To automatically use a local server, we require 8GB of RAM and 4 logical CPUs.
Minimum:
Resolution:
Additional:32-bit distributions of Linux are not supported.
Recommended:
Memory:8 GB RAM
More like this
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
2 people found this review funny
90.2 hrs on record
I truly love this game. It does have something great about it. So I am going to bash the **** out of it now.This game could be so great, but sadly it just falls short.If this was truly a hard working little indy dev struggling to make it in this world then I would not be writing the wall of text before you!I also understand the amount of hard work that has been put into the game of which a sizable chuck goes in credit to the actual fans and modders, since they are likely to make the game better than the people that actually earned money from it.Planets? Flat, lifeless with a few cracks and if you are really lucky, you might get a raised platau a toddler could step down off of, and yet your giant commander cannot! Shoddy half arsed textures. Metal planets not looking metal at all. Strange knobbly mountains and bits that really, just get in the way of the already terrible pathing. Controls? Buggy, not clear and needing work.Boats? Whats the point, seriously? Maybe to defend a base with but unless your world has half water, you wont be using them to attack... Seriously! Because you CANT!!!! You cat get anywhere near the enemy with your super slow, super useless ships. Again, the aircraft are insanely overpowered. Yet they talk about balance issues with a unit cannon?!?No shields. When you crowdfund a game, give the people the game they crowdfunded! Or was it &backed& or &supported&, noone seems to make their mind up and as with every game nowadays there is an army of drones that make excuses for these sorry game designers making money off your backs.People have a right to be annoyed and to say it and to express ANGER at this kind of thing.And now, to rip Galactic war, the Single Player element of Planetary Annihilation.Terrible UI and genrally GW is devoid of feeling, story or substance.Limited things to do, getting the &cards& to upgrade generally needs work, more cards, variation, a real reason to play GW.You cant move around at all on the game map. If you want to travel backwards past previously conquered planets on the galaxy grid you have to click each individual planet and click travel, agian and again and again and again and again. You think Im kidding? Ha!I know there is a &mod& to fix this map movement issue,!! made by the community !!. Lazy work letting the community fix your game. Lost respect for you guys after this. I shouldnt need a mod for a game to make it playable.Buttons clunky, interface clunky, doesnt feel nice at all and sucks to be you if you get stuck on a 1v3 in the Galactic War when the enemy computer commanders can throw nukes at you from other planets but you cant even land on their planet which is heavily fortified with orbital units and air units and maybe some mostly useless land units. The reason you cannot land on a fortified planet is because all you can build is one unit type you use to travel between planets called the Atreus. This Atreus can only hold ONE unit at a time so if the computer has locked the planet down good luck getting onto it!!!I did actually get 200 Atreus loaded with T2 builders and tanks and land and get a portal up that had hundreds of T2 units that all swarmed thru as soon as it was built. I did this THREE TIMES to THREE PLANETS in ONE GAME. Yeah, it was satisfying but blow me down if it isnt a serious game flaw. Its not hard, its stupid and badly balanced and badly done.Is this game still in Beta? NO! but it should be.
Was this review helpful?
26.0 hrs on record
Let me start by saying that I have been following this game from the beginning as a backer. To put this simply, I would not recommend this game in it's current state (release build 71544). To call this a final game is absurd and borderline insulting. Features are missing or not flushed out at all and I don’t just mean I don't like them.
For example:There is no way to play this game in offline mode. This was promised from the beginning to be included &When the game is released&. They lied. Also You cannot save a game so either be prepared to spend at very least 30 minutes of uninterrupted time on here or waste it when you have something unexpected happen.Single player is useless, boring, and flavorless. Many of the games only redeeming features are not even included with galactic campaign, no super weapons here folks. And maybe I am in the minority here but I like singleplayer usually, there just isn't anything worth playing.The games are hard to follow after you leave your first planet. Most of the time will be spent navigating the UI trying to make sense of the battle while you literally leave your other forces idle.OPTOMIZATION is nonexistent. I have a high end rig for windows and a top line IMac and neither of them can run this game without major lag, graphical tears, or in many cases crashes/screen blackouts. This is acceptable for a beta but not a final release.
And honestly the graphics are pretty boring to look at and I'm a fan of the cell shaded/cartoon look but somehow they managed to make that dull and not vibrant.There are some small gripes I have with the game as well. First is the lack of &flavor&. I feel like all the units are so bland and basic, and to make it worse everyone is using the same ones. I wish there was some way of differentiating the units per leader, or even take some cues from the terrible single player and limit the techs for each player to 3 or 4 cards to make games more exciting. That brings me to my last little gripe, bots vs land vehicles. There is almost no difference between the two gameplay wise, honestly what’s the point, maybe I am missing something here? So unless something drastic changes don't waste your time or money on this game, I know I wish I hadn't.My internet connection at time of review was roughly 7mb down 2-3 up, actual. Best I can afford and I would say better than avarage. Note: This is my actual number not the &estimate& that providers give you. (Welp, I'm an idiot. Actual numbers are 31 down, 12 up.)I will Update the review if anything changes.(UPDATE Oct. 7th) They have announced a patch coming Oct. 9th that will bring offline play. I will be testing it out and update the review accordingly.(UPDATE Oct. 10th RELEASE BUILD 73737)So far with the update they made adding offline support everything has been going smoothly (at least as much as before). There are still plenty of major bugs that can be really frustrating and even make the game unplayable at times. I am glad that so far they have stuck with PA and turned out this update. As of right now I still cannot reccommend the game, however. Some people have complained that my review doesn't take multiplayer into account much and honestly they are right. I dont like multiplayer in games like this, it all comes down to who can click faster. I thought it was pretty clear from my statments that this review is more for singleplayer or casual multiplayer people. Also once you are entreanched in seperate planets there is really no way to invade eachother so it ends up being who can make the most nukes first (or activate the deathstar-esc metal planet).I really hope this game grows on me, I love the concept, I also really want to back their new project Human Resources but I think I will hold off since this game left such a bad taste in my mouth, not only for Uber but Kickstarter in general (Kickstarters really dont have to provide the product to you at all, and that breaks no kickstarter rules).
Was this review helpful?
5 people found this review funny
5.5 hrs on record
October 2014 - Very Important Update:WARNING, AVOIDCorruption, Money ScamIm a big player of Total Anihilation and especially Supreme Commander-Forged Alliance, im a huge fan and loyal long time player, this is my view of the game so far.Is this game worth buying right now?
NoWhat about later?
NoWhy? It's unfinished, claiming to be a completed work when we all know this is still a beta. There's missing effects, units, customization and more. Saying that the game is ready to be sold, is rubbish, its not, they just needed another bulk of cash to carry on developing. Remember all this is just my opinion but it is based on facts that even recently have come to light. In-depth information. Graphics: 3/10To allow for many amounts of units on the screen at once, polygon-count has been shredded, where most units and structures appear extremely square-ish, textures also greatly simplified to a huge extent. It looks really bad. I think i appreciated Supreme Commanders dramatic wars a lot more because of the quality of the image and units. Advantage is, you dont need a mega-computer to run this game smoothly, but i still feel like the quality has been destroyed too far. Many negative points for many effects being completely missing from the game. Remember a planet colliding and blowing up in the trailor? theres no effect for that in the actual game...it's unfinished.Sound: 3/10The repeated low quality sounds become very overly repetetive, with all units in the game having nothing to say but a mechinical noise, where only the engineer tank makes any unique noises, and the weapon firing sound effects for all units feel completely impactless, there's no OOMPH! or quality. The orchestral music isnt so bad, but it is short lived as there is no variation or multiple tracks. EVERY game features the same, SINGLE interchanging track based on wether youre incombat or drinking a beer etc.Gameplay: 2/10After all the wait and all the multipl intakes of cash Uber Entertainment conned out of us, we got scraps. Where in short, the person who Mashes the mouse button the fastest AND wins a Decision based Dice-roll, rather than the smartest and most strategic player is going to be the winner of the game. You cannot speed up and slowdown gameplay (like in Supreme Commander) to allow for real strategy, instead, the winning formulae is to build as much as you can, as fast as you can (mash that mouse button! yeeaah!) of something to Zerg rush your opponent in ALL games. There's no strategy whatsoever than 'Send units directly to enemy'. The ability to smash moons and planets together is broken, where even some games end with EVERYONE losing, because early in the game, your planet 'naturally' (not caused by players) smashes with another one before ANYBODY including hard AI has a chance to leave the planet...meaning the entire game was a pointless waste of time right from the beginning.With Land & Sea & Air & Orbital &Artillery & Nukes & Forced Planetary destruction giving too many things to possibly build to defend against all of them, the whole games boils down to who plays the fastest from the beginning, and what choice or units you build at the beginning, in a Rock-Paper-Scissors-Stapler-Pencil-Rubber-Glue-EverybodyLoses
style gameplay.In short, it feels pointless to play a game where you know who's won in the first 5 minutes. THERES NO STRATEGY HERE WHATSOEVER, it's all about mashing the mouse button. Terrible.Overall: 3/10The idea of what this game can become, is fantastic, but it is greatly undermined by being unfinished, unbalanced, and not anywhere near ready for consumption, and currently not worth that asking price. My advice is to play Supreme Commander - Forged Alliance against AiX (super hard cheating AI) if you want 'actual' large scale war that involves STRATEGY in order to overcome a tough challenge. It breaks my heart as a massive fan and lover of the other 2 games to say it :(
This is not a RTS, just a button masher. AVOID.Feedback? 1. Give people the option like in Supreme Commander to SpeedUp and SlowDown gametime. We all have different physical playing speeds and bodily/mental fingerclickin limitations. It's not skill or strategy (i cannot state that enough), Planetary Annihilation is just speedclicking in it's current state. Its like giving a button-masher the championship-title in a Street Fighter tournament, it just aint how it goes.2. Scale. Planets, are so small that it takes away the ability to create strategies on the ground level.3. Defenses.
Most turrets are pointless, they cannot stop much, and are too squishy. The most concerning defensive structure you gave us...is the wall...It is too easy to shoot around and many air units, orbital units and launchers and artillery and (long list of other things) simply ignore Walls. Remove these pointless walls that dont do anything, and replace them with Shield technologies.---UPDATE - 2014 9th OCTOBER---It has been announced that Uber are teaming up with the creators of Super Monday Night Combat (another piece of unfinished junk) to create another strategy game, when this game isnt finished by a huge mile. Breaking their Kickstarter contract to complete what was stated they were going to do.At this point i can sadly say that this is all just a money scam at this point, to rush out a crappy game using kickstarter even though they already have the money squeezed from the fans of Supreme Commander. This is just greed, and full corruption even below EA standards. THIS COMPANY IS SCAMMING YOU, AVOID ALL GAMES.Uber Entertainment have gone very low into corruption. This game is nowhere near finished, and we the people are now being stabbed in the back after supporting their game with an unfinished product, and being shaked for more money on a new kickstarter for another game when they already have the money they robbed from you the fans.There has been a great deal of drama over the internet on this, and i (once a hugely loyal fan) am saddened to have to agree...All trust has been lost, take my advice and do not do any further business with these swindlers. DO NOT FEED THEM MONEY ON KICKSTARTER. Its a scam, they already have taken tonnes of YOUR cash to be able to afford development of the next game. They want cash, for nothing. Discluding the crappy campaign mode which only consisted of copy/paste skirmishes, this is what Uber Entertainment have done:-Stolen over $1.1 Million in Kickstarter Fraud.-Stolen (by leaked rumours) around $16 million from Steam/Game fans in sales of a broken & unfinished game that does not meet the Kickstarter declarations.-Abandoned the game to a small team to do patchwork, breaking their Kickstarter contracts.-Instead of using the stolen cash to develop the new game 'Human Resources' , setup another Kickstarter so YOU have to pay for it. Expect further fraud and broken contracts. This is large scale fraud that deserves headlines in every game magazine (where the hell are you guys...you call yourselves journalists?) Uber Entertainment should be Boycotted.---UPDATE 22nd OCTOBER---'Human Resources' canceled, the fans responded with great power behind their lack of donations. Human Resources was boycotted & the fans have been given a slight piece of Justice.May Planetary Annihilation now be properly developed on...probably not.Either way, they should be banned from using Kickstarter in the future for taking the money and abandoning the game before the contract was complete. Thats fraud on a massive scale that needs an appropriate response.
Was this review helpful?
8.1 hrs on record
The game just isn't there.It looks amazing, the concept sounds amazing, but it just wasn't done &right&.Ultimately the game is not horrible and I am sure that I could still enjoy some matches, but for the most part I just find the game lacking in many (needed and simple) ways. To give an example, this game is said to be RTS. While by definition I suppose it is, the strategy element is the weakest simply because every game mostly consists of unit spamming. It basically just comes down to who can get the biggest army the fastest, and there are very few opportunities for tactical flanking, unit countering, etc.The final nail in the coffin for this game (to me) was the Galactic Conquest mode. It sounded amazing and I was expecting something akin to Star Wars Empire at War. Instead it is quite literally nothing more than &exploring& a pre-generated map, and whenever you encounter an enemy force, you then have to fight it. There are no turns, so the enemy does nothing, and the only &strategy& involved is you having to choose which units you can build via which &techs& you hang on to (you can only hold three at the beginning). Oh and you don't research the techs, you find them on planets...At any rate, I just can't give this game a positive review. It had the potential to be awesome, but I feel that it failed.
Was this review helpful?
11 people found this review funny
25.9 hrs on record
Game startsME: build tanks and planesAI: enemy attacks!ME:build defense towersAI: enemy keeps attacking, but loses tons of vehiclesME: build bigger base, with more vehicles and more defense towersAI: enemy keeps attacking, armies grew largerME: first nuke ready, launch, destroyed enemies baseAI: commander on the moonME: send troops to the moon with unit cannon, build portal, send more troopsAI: enemy attacks new moon baseME: base got raided, send new troop, more troops, better troops, fortified moon baseAI: enemy loses moon armyME: launch nukes on enemy moon baseAI: enemy commander fled to another planet, build new baseME: send own commander to barren planet/death star, build base, build annihilator, exterminated enemies planetAI: enemy commander fled to first
planetME: throw moon on planet, accidently destroyed own main baseAI: commander survivedME: build giant army on barren planet, only consisting of about 300 exploding spider-bots, send them threw portal to old planet, rushed to AI commanderWONTotal: -23 nukes launched-5 bases destroyed-2 planets annihilated (planet and moon)-a lot of spider-bots died10/10
Was this review helpful?
108.0 hrs on record
So first of, why all the negativity?Well the game is certainly not without it's faults. It has had a rocky start and some people do have problems with even getting it to run properly without crashing. But it is getting better.The latest version is by far the best version. The new balancing and tweaks for units make it so much better in many ways. Compared to a few months ago, when I bought it (oct 2014) it is much better. The fixes for stability and performance was really needed and can't be appreciated enough.The future looks bright as the game continues to be developed and gain features and fixes. For those that want to play around there is an excellent tool for mods, PAMM (Planetary Annihilation Mod Manager). With that you can install, uninstall, update mods with just a few clicks. Mods range from UI tweaks and hotkeys to overhauls that change the whole gamebalance. Some even adding in new units.Well worth looking into even if you only want to add teamcolours to commanderexplosions.So what is the game.Well it is a game where you balance economy with expansion while trying to stop you oponents to gain economy and expand. The goal is to defend and keep your commander alive while finding and killing your oponents commanders. Depending on what skillevel you land on you will find the game as a nice slow basebuilding excersise (not appreciated s) ), or a spamfest where the goal is just to outproduce you oponent and overwhelm them or, lastly, as toptier you will have a real good spamfest but also with an intense need for always making the most of everything. Meaning you will need to micro armycomposition. Making sure your anti-air isn't in the front getting slaughtered. Doing that in a couple of places is one thing now do it in up to ten places on a sphere. Then introduce more spheres, more oponents. It gets hectic, frustrating and really rewarding when you manage to have some control.The game really scales very well to. You can play 10 people on a small planet and have an intence fight from start or you can play 2v2v2v2 starting on a planet for each team. It is up to what you and the ones you play with wants.There is a 1v1 ladder that presses skill hard on those that need it. This is where you can see the balance of the game shine (or not :P). It is easy to get into and replays are available to study what the good players does that works.Actually the replaysystem in it self can merit some mentioning. they call it ChronoCam. It makes the whole game into something that can best be compared to a videoplayer. Jump around, change speed and so on is all there. The really amazing thing is that while you play a game you can jump into ChronoCam anytime and rewind to see what you missed. Not something you will use often but still a fun thing.While 1v1 ladders rarely (never?) end up advancing the tech to tier 2
there is a largescale endtech war to be had. It involves planet vs planet where the goal is to get a beachhead with a teleporter to massinvade from you homeplanet. Or you could scout the location of the enemy commander and target the location with a nuke volley to punch through the anti-nuke defences. Just before christmas they also added the Unitcannon. Big artillery piece that lobs units to any place in the system with pinpoint accuracy. With it you can land a harassmentforce righ inside you enemy's base.It really is a game that will reward those that embrace it. But it also isn't a game for everybody.
Was this review helpful?
235.2 hrs on record
I've been playing this RTS since the initial alpha release, I've watched it steadily get better and better over time.
If you enjoyed Total Annihilation and Supreme Commander this game captures a similar (note: similar, not identical) feel, but with a unique approch using spherical maps (you can have one or multiple planets)The highlight of this game for me is playing with a group of friends in team games with shared armies.
I played a good deal of SupCom / SupCom:FA with friends and while it was fun, it just didn't capture the same feeling of team cooperation that you can get from sharing a single set of units working with your friends.
Shared armies lets you split up the management of the game by not forcing any one single person to keep track of everything (and in large games over multiple planets, this can be difficult)
Tasks such as economy expansion, scouting and raiding, orbital and multi-planet expansion can be split among teammates.
This does require a degree of cooperation as there is a single shared resource pool, but the benefits are well worth it.
Was this review helpful?
1 person found this review funny
37.5 hrs on record
<div class="pre_release_review tooltip" data-tooltip-content="This reviewer last played/used Planetary Annihilation on 11 July, 2014, which was before it was released.This review may not accurately reflect the state of the released version.">Pre-Release Review
This is a review of single player so called Galactic war.-Gameplay is boring and repetitive!-Sterategy element is not present! spam more unit than A.I and step over it.-all the factions are the same! just different basic colors.-all factions units are same! there are still balance issues! some of them frustrating and gamebreaking.-commanders are only skins! no different abilities here. ludicrously those little ugly skins cost 10-20EUR on the DRM store!-nasty bugs are present. Gamebreaking ones like not allowing you to select or command your units.-performance issues with the latest gaming machines!Honestly... i cannot recommand this game to my friends and family.don't waste your time here and don't let the hype take over your logic.
Was this review helpful?
20.2 hrs on record
I only recently purchased Planetary Annihilation when it was on sale for five dollars the last weekend. Im actually very impressed. Ive been out of the strategy genre for a while now but I feel as if this particular game is the perfect grand return to the scene. It can be a bit challenging trying to master all of the multi tasing necessary to be successful ad its definitely about production and managing your ecnomy to outproduce your enemy. After a few practice games you can easily get the hang of it. Great game.
Was this review helpful?
48.9 hrs on record
You can fly planets INTO OTHER PLANETS.And if someone flys a planet into YOUR planet you can blow it up with a laser BEFORE IT HITS YOU!What's not to like?
Was this review helpful?
35.2 hrs on record
An Amazing game that is 100% worth buying,Developers are great and fix reported bugs and problems quickly,Overall an AMAZING GAME
NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Was this review helpful?
3 people found this review funny
47.0 hrs on record
Not even close to a finished product.
I support this game, but it shouldn't be out of early access.[note i havent played this game sence i made this review]
Was this review helpful?
0.2 hrs on record
The system requirements are as helpful as reading a map upside down! good game though 10/10
Was this review helpful?
17.5 hrs on record
Not a review, but a warning. The game has just entered the &official launch& phase. This implies the game is complete and fully released. However it is not finished, and there's still many missing features. The devs admitted to the game being incomplete, but went ahead and released it anyway. Don't support these kinds of people.
Was this review helpful?
81.1 hrs on record
Bottom line: While a cool take on an RTS, this game is extremely frustrating. I don't think I will play it again for quite some time.Edit: after having returned to this review a little more level-headed, I have decided to err in favor of a positive review. I have added some positive points below.Edit 2: I apologize for how long this review ended up being. I also just saw how many hours Steam has logged for me playing PA. This is partly due to what I mention in bullet 2.Yes, I am writing this after just being completely hosed in my one and only multiplayer, ranked 1v1 match. Yes, I am writing this after coming from having been recently annihilated on my very last battle in the Galactic War I was in (the furthest I had ever gotten up to that point). Yes, I'm not by any stretch the greatest RTS player out there (but I really thought I was getting the hang of PA after several hours of play). And yes, I'm probably not in the best frame of mind to write an unbiased review. Still, for now, I'm sticking to my opinion above. Let me tell you why:This is not a casual game. There is no Easy Mode.For some games, that is okay.
Some time ago, . In FTL, the fact that there is no easy mode is okay because, while it is difficult, all you really need to do better is know how to plan upgrades and know when to pause during a fight (hint: very often). With those two skills, and a measure of patience, your only really challenging enemy is bad luck. In a game with no significant curves thrown at you, you can work through it without a ton of effort most of the time.This is only kind of true with PA. In PA, you either do the right thing, maximizing productivity all the time, or lose (and in the case of a Galactic War - permanently). There's very little room for error. Really, the only way to win any fight is to pause often and issue several orders at once. Otherwise you are just going too slowly to keep up. While this is not always a bad thing, I feel it is a little inappropriate for a Real-Time Strategy game.With the tech options at your disposal, there are often only a couple of paths you can take to success. If you can build a vehicle factory, do it right away and pump out tanks and AA. If you have air factory tech, focus even more on that and pump out bombers. Alw there is no such thing as a defensive win unless you already have a serious advantage. Don't interrupt the natural progression of building - make cheap units and buildings first until you have a lot of excess metal and energy. Trying to shoot immediately to an advanced factory, as I have often tried, always fails. Expand as fast as possible, across your start planet and to other planets. In the endgame, metal is always your most restrictive resource, so grab as much as you can as early as you can.When you are able to do it right and win, it is a satisfying win. But in the final battles of a Galactic War, you already start significantly overwhelmed, meaning you have to take out as many commanders as fast and early as humanly possible or you lose - badly.There is no way to save and return to a fight - so they always have to be finished in one sitting, or paused and left running.Now, I have read somewhere on the forums that is mostly because the developers have to do more optimizations on their end to have the ability to save games using the Chrono Cam, which is basically a replay feature very similar to what you find in the Dirt racing series (or at least Dirt 2). The idea is that, when fully implemented, you can open a saved game (or the one you are in) and rewind/fastforward to any point you choose, and pick up right where you left off. While this will indeed be a very cool feature when implemented (it's one of the things that really sold me about Dirt 2), it doesn't make up for the fact that currently there is no saving at all, not even a stop-gap feature until the Chrono Cam saves are done. This seems like a pretty basic omission to a game not still in beta.There are still some aspects of actual play that feel unfinished. One of the larger examples is planet-smashing. While I have not yet smashed a smaller planet into a larger one (to supposedly achieve the crater effect shown in the promo video), I have successfully smashed some fairly equally-sized planets together - and the resulting animation is completely underwhelming. The attacking planet approaches along a path that often has several unrealistic jerks, it lines up with the target, and runs into it. That's pretty much it. There's no planet-crumbling explosions that shatter it into a thousand pieces or widespread surface deformation as they collide. The model for the two planets simply overlap breifly until they each reach the other's core, and then both instantly disappear. The only evidence that planets once existed there are the mushroom cloud(s) of whatever commander(s) you destroyed still billowing up from the invisible surface of a now non-existent planet.Other smaller issues:- The relatively small number of structures and units. This would be different if there were some faction-specific units with differing strengths/weaknesses. Right now, the only difference between two armies' units is their color.- The pause screen banner has an invisible no-click zone above and below it, requiring repositioning the camera until the desired selection is in the bottom or top quarter of the screen before you can click it.- Sometimes after selecting a group of units, the arr so that you must first deselect the units, move the camera so that you can see the units and the target, then selecting the units and issuing the order.Also, in case you are wondering, I always play with the maxed out (&Uber&) graphics preset and can still get a good framerate, so that is not the issue.Okay, with those negative points out of the way, here are some positive ones:The general idea behind Planetary Annihilation is certainly ambitious and, if successfully fleshed out, will be totally awesome.PA is still a pretty solid RTS. Play on a single planet feels like it should for any standard RTS (my opinion from my perhaps limited experience).Interplanetary gameplay adds a whole new dimension to an otherwise well-explored genre.Kill your opponents by blowing up their planets. Make it a destruction by collision with another massive body, or with a frickin' laser beam, Death Star style.If planet destruction isn't your cup of tea, then you could try a much more subtle death-by-bajillion-nukes. The mushroom clouds are quite pretty.If that's still a bit strong for your taste, then there's always the classic invasion-with-hundreds-and-hundreds-of-units method.The community seems to be a good one, and the developers do interact and take feedback on the forums.Ultimately I decided to mark this a positive review, but only just. As I said above, PA can be very frustrating for several reasons, but that is at least partly balanced by how unique it is, and how awesome it has the potential to be.
Was this review helpful?
247.3 hrs on record
After Uber released an update and have declared another on the way, I decided to change my review because, quite frankly, I don't want to lie to people that don't know the game at all.This game is still unfinished, but what game is anymore. They are apparently still releasing updates, so at least there's that.The game still requires some pretty high specs to run efficiently. Quad-core processor with 8 gigs of RAM is pretty steep for the common user. You don't actually need those specs to run the game, you just need them to run it efficiently.I still call bogus on the offline mode. If you can't start a game and play it without internet connection, then there's no offline mode.The balance, or rather lack of balance, in this game is just atrocious. If you're looking for a balanced game this is not it...yet. It's likely to be patched soon and I'll update when that happens. Also, thisgame is stale and repetitve as crap.The whole part about Uber stealing money with Human Resources is bogus.Although, it was still pretty cheap of them to try to abandon PA like that. And all that crap aboutthem leaving a team to work on this game? I didn't buy it due to their previous unfinished games.In a nutshell, this game is....meh. Not a great game, not yet. It's got potential to be better, and it looks like Uber is taking steps to reach that potential.Until then, I'd still say skip this game until this game gets a little better, or wait for a sale. It's just not worth 40$ to me.
Was this review helpful?
26.5 hrs on record
Having been a big fan of Total Annihalation, I was very excited when I saw this kickstarter, but as development grinded on, it became somewhat forgettable. When we got to start playing, I was very excited to see what the lore had developed like- but this is really just an RTS smash-em-up, with no soul. TA had more unique units and combat method, and was trapped with a 2d platform. On the whole, great if you want to play multiplayer, bad if you want to play a grand RTS story.
Was this review helpful?
55.9 hrs on record
This is probbly the best stratagy game ive ever played. Whever you like naval, bots or vehicular combat or Areodinamical units, this is the game 4 u :D Not to mention the mulitiplayer and the competetive side of this game is ammazing like no other retail game on steam, but the community is what caught my attention. Its allways there to help you. With build notes and ideas from the devs the community is not huge but a homely place to be in, whether you are new to stratagy games or not. GG this game is great :D
Was this review helpful?
3.3 hrs on record
Needs 6 more months of development. At least. The UI and information presentation is quite bad, the balance is somewhat questionable, but the most glaring error is in the core design of the server-side everything. And the single player might as we one could say it was tacked on, but tacks are often of higher quality than this.
Was this review helpful?
134.6 hrs on record
I don`t want to write a negative review about this game because it has a REALLY HUGE potential but it is out of early access and its STILL NOT READY ! - so i think Supreme Commander 1+2 are 100ways better ^^ !!!!!!! if my english is false i?m german ...
Was this review helpful?
Loading reviews...
Languages:
Full audio
Includes 19 Steam Achievements
Title: Planetary Annihilation
Developer:
Publisher:
Release Date: 5 Sep, 2014
VAT included in all prices where applicable.&&
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
There is more than one way to buy this game. Please select a specific package to create a widget for:
Planetary Annihilation
Planetary Annihilation - Digital Deluxe Commander Bundle
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Share:& & &

我要回帖

更多关于 total annihilation 的文章

随机推荐