dear,can we startagain again?怎么读

& “I got your letter an...”习题详情
0位同学学习过此题,做题成功率0%
I got your letter and was glad to find that you had not forgotten Jourdon, and that you wanted me to come back and live with you again in Tennessee, promising to do better for me than anybody else can.Although you shot at me twice before I left you, I did not want to hear of your being hurt. It would do me good to go back to the dear old home again and see Allen, Esther, Green, and Lee. Give my love to them all, and tell them I hope we will meet in the better world, if not in this.I want to know particularly what the good chance is you propose to give me. I am doing tolerably well here in Ohio. I get twenty-five dollars a month, wi have a comfortable home for Mandy, the folks call her Mrs. A and the children—Milly, Jane, and Grundy—go to school and are learning well. The teacher says Grundy has a head for a preacher. We are kindly treated.Now, if you will write and say what wages you will give me, I will be better able to decide whether it would be to my advantage to move back again. We have concluded to test your sincerity by asking you to send us our wages for the time we served you. This will make us forget and forgive old scores and rely on your justice and friendship in the future. I served you faithfully for thirty-two years, and Mandy twenty years. At twenty-five dollars a month for me, and two dollars a week for Mandy, our earnings would amount to eleven thousand six hundred and eighty dollars. Add to this the interest for the time our wages have been kept back, and deduct(扣除)what you paid for our clothing, and three doctor’s visits to me, and pulling a tooth for Mandy. If you fail to pay us for faithful labors in the past, we can have little faith in your promises in the future.In answering this letter, please state if there would be any safety for my Milly and Jane, who are now grown up, and both good-looking girls. I would rather stay here and starve—and die, if it should come to that—than have my girls brought to shame by the violence and wickedness of their young Masters. You will also please state if there has been any schools opened for the colored children in your neighborhood. The great desire of my life now is to give my children an education and have them form virtuous habits.Say howdy to George Carter, and thank him for taking the pistol from you when you were shooting at me.1.According to the passage, the letter was written by Jourdon to his former&.A.friend&&&&&&&&&&& B.master&&&&&&&&&&& C.neighbor &&&&&&&& D.relative2.Which of the following is RIGHT according to the passage?A.The family name of this letter writer is Anderson.B.The writer is paid the same as he was in Tennessee.C.The writer will certainly get at least 11,680 dollars.D.Safety rather than education weighs a lot to the writer.3.The writer’s description of his present situation implies that &.A.he shows his intention of going back in TennesseeB.he is somewhat richer and does not need to go back C.his life is relatively good but still needs improvementD.he is not a little satisfied with his present life in Ohio4.The purpose of the writer’s asking for his pay back is &.A.to show he needs that amount of money urgentlyB.to show he is determined to get what he deservedC.to test whether the letter receiver is worthy of trustD.to tell the letter receiver he still has faith in him5.From the passage, we can see the writer is very &.A.wise&&&&&&&&&&&& B.stupid&&&&&&&&&&& C.greedy&&&&&&&&&& D.generous&
本题难度:一般
题型:解答题&|&来源:2012-江苏省扬州市高三下学期5月考前适应性考试英语卷
分析与解答
习题“I got your letter and was glad to find that you had not forgotten Jourdon, and that you wanted me to come...”的分析与解答如下所示:
这是Jourdon写给他以前主人的一封信,文章中作者拒绝以前奴隶主让他回去为其效命的要求有礼有节,可见其明智。1.B。第一段“you wanted me to come back and live with you again in Tennessee, promising to do better for me than anybody else can.”和最后一段第四行“……of their young Masters”。2.A。第四段第四行的Mrs. Anderson可知A为正确答案。B说的钱数是样,但在Tennessee根本未兑现,不能称之为is paid ;C中用certainly是错的;D项Safety rather than education中的rather than是错的,因为在作者心目中两者都重要。3.D。整篇文章表明作者对他现在的生活状况非常满意,D选项中的not a little是非常的意思。4.C。倒数第三段的最后一句可知。5.A。文章中作者拒绝以前奴隶主让他回去为其效命的要求有礼有节,可见其明智。分析:
考点1:人物传记/故事类阅读
找到答案了,赞一个
如发现试题中存在任何错误,请及时纠错告诉我们,谢谢你的支持!
I got your letter and was glad to find that you had not forgotten Jourdon, and that you wanted me to...
错误类型:
习题内容残缺不全
习题有文字标点错误
习题内容结构混乱
习题对应知识点不正确
分析解答残缺不全
分析解答有文字标点错误
分析解答结构混乱
习题类型错误
错误详情:
我的名号(最多30个字):
看完解答,记得给个难度评级哦!
“I got your letter an...”的最新评论
欢迎来到乐乐题库,查看习题“I got your letter and was glad to find that you had not forgotten Jourdon, and that you wanted me to come back and live with you again in Tennessee, promising to do better for me than anybody else can.Although you shot at me twice before I left you, I did not want to hear of your being hurt. It would do me good to go back to the dear old home again and see Allen, Esther, Green, and Lee. Give my love to them all, and tell them I hope we will meet in the better world, if not in this.I want to know particularly what the good chance is you propose to give me. I am doing tolerably well here in Ohio. I get twenty-five dollars a month, wi have a comfortable home for Mandy, the folks call her Mrs. A and the children—Milly, Jane, and Grundy—go to school and are learning well. The teacher says Grundy has a head for a preacher. We are kindly treated.Now, if you will write and say what wages you will give me, I will be better able to decide whether it would be to my advantage to move back again. We have concluded to test your sincerity by asking you to send us our wages for the time we served you. This will make us forget and forgive old scores and rely on your justice and friendship in the future. I served you faithfully for thirty-two years, and Mandy twenty years. At twenty-five dollars a month for me, and two dollars a week for Mandy, our earnings would amount to eleven thousand six hundred and eighty dollars. Add to this the interest for the time our wages have been kept back, and deduct(扣除)what you paid for our clothing, and three doctor’s visits to me, and pulling a tooth for Mandy. If you fail to pay us for faithful labors in the past, we can have little faith in your promises in the future.In answering this letter, please state if there would be any safety for my Milly and Jane, who are now grown up, and both good-looking girls. I would rather stay here and starve—and die, if it should come to that—than have my girls brought to shame by the violence and wickedness of their young Masters. You will also please state if there has been any schools opened for the colored children in your neighborhood. The great desire of my life now is to give my children an education and have them form virtuous habits.Say howdy to George Carter, and thank him for taking the pistol from you when you were shooting at me.1.According to the passage, the letter was written by Jourdon to his former____.A.friend B.master C.neighbor
D.relative2.Which of the following is RIGHT according to the passage?A.The family name of this letter writer is Anderson.B.The writer is paid the same as he was in Tennessee.C.The writer will certainly get at least 11,680 dollars.D.Safety rather than education weighs a lot to the writer.3.The writer’s description of his present situation implies that____.A.he shows his intention of going back in TennesseeB.he is somewhat richer and does not need to go back C.his life is relatively good but still needs improvementD.he is not a little satisfied with his present life in Ohio4.The purpose of the writer’s asking for his pay back is____.A.to show he needs that amount of money urgentlyB.to show he is determined to get what he deservedC.to test whether the letter receiver is worthy of trustD.to tell the letter receiver he still has faith in him5.From the passage, we can see the writer is very____.A.wise B.stupid C.greedy D.generous”的答案、考点梳理,并查找与习题“I got your letter and was glad to find that you had not forgotten Jourdon, and that you wanted me to come back and live with you again in Tennessee, promising to do better for me than anybody else can.Although you shot at me twice before I left you, I did not want to hear of your being hurt. It would do me good to go back to the dear old home again and see Allen, Esther, Green, and Lee. Give my love to them all, and tell them I hope we will meet in the better world, if not in this.I want to know particularly what the good chance is you propose to give me. I am doing tolerably well here in Ohio. I get twenty-five dollars a month, wi have a comfortable home for Mandy, the folks call her Mrs. A and the children—Milly, Jane, and Grundy—go to school and are learning well. The teacher says Grundy has a head for a preacher. We are kindly treated.Now, if you will write and say what wages you will give me, I will be better able to decide whether it would be to my advantage to move back again. We have concluded to test your sincerity by asking you to send us our wages for the time we served you. This will make us forget and forgive old scores and rely on your justice and friendship in the future. I served you faithfully for thirty-two years, and Mandy twenty years. At twenty-five dollars a month for me, and two dollars a week for Mandy, our earnings would amount to eleven thousand six hundred and eighty dollars. Add to this the interest for the time our wages have been kept back, and deduct(扣除)what you paid for our clothing, and three doctor’s visits to me, and pulling a tooth for Mandy. If you fail to pay us for faithful labors in the past, we can have little faith in your promises in the future.In answering this letter, please state if there would be any safety for my Milly and Jane, who are now grown up, and both good-looking girls. I would rather stay here and starve—and die, if it should come to that—than have my girls brought to shame by the violence and wickedness of their young Masters. You will also please state if there has been any schools opened for the colored children in your neighborhood. The great desire of my life now is to give my children an education and have them form virtuous habits.Say howdy to George Carter, and thank him for taking the pistol from you when you were shooting at me.1.According to the passage, the letter was written by Jourdon to his former____.A.friend B.master C.neighbor
D.relative2.Which of the following is RIGHT according to the passage?A.The family name of this letter writer is Anderson.B.The writer is paid the same as he was in Tennessee.C.The writer will certainly get at least 11,680 dollars.D.Safety rather than education weighs a lot to the writer.3.The writer’s description of his present situation implies that____.A.he shows his intention of going back in TennesseeB.he is somewhat richer and does not need to go back C.his life is relatively good but still needs improvementD.he is not a little satisfied with his present life in Ohio4.The purpose of the writer’s asking for his pay back is____.A.to show he needs that amount of money urgentlyB.to show he is determined to get what he deservedC.to test whether the letter receiver is worthy of trustD.to tell the letter receiver he still has faith in him5.From the passage, we can see the writer is very____.A.wise B.stupid C.greedy D.generous”相似的习题。my&dear,how&can&we&get&the&love&again?
中午淋了一场大雨,从成龙路的刘一手沿着街走回万科。雨密集却不粗暴,我无力奔跑。从头到脚的淋了个透彻,回去裹着帕子发抖的时候,才发觉自己挺傻的。这种傻一点都不可爱。记不起来上次看见Fly是什么时候了,只是这次看见他突然多了份象看见亲人一样的亲热,我发现三原的孩子都是善良的。所以大家在受伤的时候才会惊人的相似,一样的缄默隐忍。沈不喜欢我抽烟,我亦不喜欢自己抽烟,然而有些事情就是无法控制,否则沈怎么会在三个月后仍然给D发短信,然后守着手机睡着了。守着手机睡着,这样的经历我有过,而且常常有,明明没有答案的事情却偏偏不割舍。最开始觉得自己傻,到了后来只能说自己贱。多无奈。Fly和两年前的他大不一样,开始有一点变得象个男人,而不是以前那个尖声尖气摇头晃脑说话的孩子。沈调侃他已经无聊到想耍朋友,我调侃自己已经无聊得不能耍朋友。随后沈对我用了个形容词,超然。5点下课,到糖果小坐,小亚给我的奶茶加了很多珍珠。我们坐着聊天,偶尔起身帮她做点事。老王留我吃晚饭,有正宗的东北酸菜。8点过离开糖果,与小亚告别。渐渐不想放学后直接回家,对着书房的电脑开着QQ看书是折磨。删掉全部的聊天记录于事无补,无可否认我们都变了。回家的出租车上,听到《我也不想这样》,于是背过头,看着窗外哭了。可是亲爱的,我也不想软弱。可是亲爱的,我也控制不住。可是亲爱的,我以为我是对的,却把生活搅乱了,你说是不是错得太离谱?
以上网友发言只代表其个人观点,不代表新浪网的观点或立场。Art by Chris Piascik, used via Creative Commons. Click picture for original.
And now is the part of the election cycle where the pundit class comes forward and begs the rest of the US electorate to help save the GOP from itself. In the Atlantic, , and over in the Washington Post, Michael R. Strain of the American Enterprise Institute . “We all have to stop him,” reads the headline to the article.
We? We? I don’t know if Michael R. Strain is up on the news, but . He’s outpolling Rubio, Ted Cruz, John Kasich and Ben Carson combined among the people who are actually going to go to the polls to vote Republican. Likewise, Beinart’s suggestion that liberals throw in with Rubio, who aside from his pandering antediluvian positions appears to dissolve into a stammering puddle of flop sweat when people are mean to him, which is a quality I know I always look for in a potential leader of the free world, is actively insulting. Hey, liberals! Save the GOP from Trump by supporting the establishment’s hand-picked empty suit, which it will use to shore up shaky senatorial races and then push and pass a political agenda massively antithetical to everything you believe in! Yeeeeah, thanks for the hot take, there, Pete. Let me know who you buy your weed from, because that’s clearly some primo shit you’re smoking.
News flash, pundit guys: No one can save the GOP from Trump but the GOP, and its voters clearly have no intention of doing that. To repeat: Trump currently outpolls every other GOP candidate in the race, combined. What, pray tell, do you want any of the rest of us to do about that? The answer may be “vote against Trump in the primaries,” but this is where I point out that the rest of us are not GOP primary voters for a reason. Some of us may want to vote in the Democratic primaries. Some of us may be independents and have to wait to see what dumbasses the parties elect. Some of us may belong to third parties because we’re political idealists/masochists. The point is, we have other plans for the day. They are legit plans. They don’t involve keeping the GOP from setting itself on fire.
Also, you know. If I were the paranoid type, I’d look at the pundit class begging the rational portion of the electorate to save the GOP from itself as a suspicious bit of political theater orchestrated by the shadowy cabal that really runs the nation. We can’t let the GOP implode yet, we still have to pay taxes! I know! Convince the liberals to vote against their interests to save a political party whose goals oppose theirs in every relevant way! And as a bonus, that way they don’t vote for that commie Sanders! Quick! To the pundits! I’m not saying that’s what’s happening. But I’m also not not saying it, nod, wink, nod, hand signal, wink.
Even if liberals (to Beinart’s point) and everyone else (to Strain’s) decided to vote against Trump in the states that allow open primaries — or changed their registration to Republican to vote in closed primaries, because, yeah, that will happen — again, Trump has the support of half the GOP voters right now. Folks, it’s Super friggin’ Tuesday. Half the GOP delegates needed for a nomination are getting sorted out tonight (595 of the 1,237 needed, of which Trump already has 82), and , which will go to Ted Cruz, an odious fistula that walks the earth in a human skin.
Now, most of these states as I understand it will allocate delegates proportionally, so Cruz and Rubio are likely to take some. But most are going to Trump. He’s likely going to end the night so far ahead that even the active intervention of everyone else won’t keep Trump from chugging along to Cleveland with a plush stack of pledged delegates. Neither Cruz nor Rubio is going to drop out of the race — Rubio because the establishment’s assassins will murder his future if he does, Cruz because his monomaniacal sense of manifest destiny doesn’t allow for quittin’ — and neither of them is likely to poll substantially better than the other. They’re Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum all the way down the line. You want to choose between these two embarrassments to the name of Generation X? After you.
But that’s why Beinart tells liberals to vote for Rubio! To get him ahead! Oh, you dear, sweet, precious jewel in the firmament of heaven. Yes, I’m sure that if liberals do cross the line, hold their noses and vote for Rubio in primaries, that absolutely positively won’t be used against him by either Trump or Cruz, two gentlemen who are celebrated worldwide for their probity and graciousness in all things political. Indeed, I see no way this fantastic plan of Beinart’s could ever possibly go wrong, or work to Trump’s advantage with his core constituency of angry white people who may or may not be flaming bigots, but who certainly hate friggin’ libruls.
Folks, I’m the first to admit that my political crystal ball is not exactly piercingly clear, but here’s what I believe: It’s too late to stop Trump. Probably from getting the GOP nomination, but at the very least from being a significant and possibly controlling force at the Republican convention. Is anyone under the impression that, in the case of a contested convention, Trump’s pledged delegates — or his actual supporters — are suddenly going to abandon him after the first ballot? Bless their hearts, but no one’s in love with Rubio, and no one actually likes Cruz. Trump’s people, on the other hand, are in love with him in the way that only the simple can pine for a demagogue. If you want to see what a middle-aged riot looks like, wait until the GOP tries to torpedo Trump at the convention.
But somebody needs to do something! Well, yes. Those “somebodies” should have been the GOP, but it didn’t want to, and then when it wanted to it couldn’t, because it realized too late that its entire governing strategy for the last couple of decades, but especially since Obama came to office, has been designed to foster the emergence of a populist lectern-thumper like Trump. The GOP has made its electoral bones on low-information, high-anxiety white folks for years now, but has only ever looked at the next election, and not ever further down the road, or where that road would lead too. Well, it led to Trump.
And now the GOP wants a bailout, and people like Beinart and Strain are arguing we should give it to them, because the GOP is apparently too big to fail (and yes, this means that Trump is a festering ball of subprime loans in this scenario). And, well. We bailed out the banks in ’08, but no one was punished and no one on Wall Street apparently learned anything from the experience, because why would they? No matter how hard they fucked up, someone would come along to save them, and after a couple of years of grumping about smaller bonuses, they’d be back on top, sucking up even more of the wealth of the nation while everyone else muddled along on a glide path that slowly slides them into financial insecurity.
If the rest of us somehow could bail out the GOP by saving it from Trump, what would we get out of it? The GOP establishment certainly isn’t in the mood to learn — shit, it’s shoving all its chips onto Rubio, whose arms are probably already fitted with the titanium eye screws through which they’ll loop the strings once he’s elected. There’s no percentage in saving the GOP its policies are already inimical to good governance and have been for the last several election cycles. Saving the GOP from Trump doesn’t change the fact that the GOP is by conscious and intentional design primed to create more Trumps — more populist demagogues who will leverage the anxious discontent of scared and aging white people into electoral victories. That won’t be fixed. The GOP doesn’t want it fixed. It just wants the demagogue to be someone it can control.
The good news is that there is a way for everyone else to stop Trump: It’s called voting in the general election for the candidates who are not him. At this point as a practical matter that probably means voting for Hillary Clinton. This won’t solve the GOP’s problems, but again, maybe from the point of view of everyone else, the GOP’s problems aren’t solvable. Maybe it really does need to blow up and start over. Otherwise we’ll be back here four years out. And eight years out. And twelve years out. And so on.
Taunting the tauntable since 1998
John Scalzi, proprietor
Whatever Days
March 2016
Whatarchives
Whatarchives
Select Month
August 2017
April 2017
March 2017
February 2017
January 2017
December 2016
November 2016
October 2016
September 2016
August 2016
April 2016
March 2016
February 2016
January 2016
December 2015
November 2015
October 2015
September 2015
August 2015
April 2015
March 2015
February 2015
January 2015
December 2014
November 2014
October 2014
September 2014
August 2014
April 2014
March 2014
February 2014
January 2014
December 2013
November 2013
October 2013
September 2013
August 2013
April 2013
March 2013
February 2013
January 2013
December 2012
November 2012
October 2012
September 2012
August 2012
April 2012
March 2012
February 2012
January 2012
December 2011
November 2011
October 2011
September 2011
August 2011
April 2011
March 2011
February 2011
January 2011
December 2010
November 2010
October 2010
September 2010
August 2010
April 2010
March 2010
February 2010
January 2010
December 2009
November 2009
October 2009
September 2009
August 2009
April 2009
March 2009
February 2009
January 2009
December 2008
November 2008
October 2008
September 2008
August 2008
April 2008
March 2008
February 2008
January 2008
December 2007
November 2007
October 2007
September 2007
April 2007
March 2007
February 2007
January 2007
December 2006
November 2006
October 2006
September 2006
August 2006
April 2006
March 2006
February 2006
January 2006
December 2005
November 2005
October 2005
September 2005
August 2005
April 2005
March 2005
February 2005
January 2005
December 2004
November 2004
October 2004
September 2004
August 2004
April 2004
March 2004
February 2004
January 2004
December 2003
November 2003
October 2003
September 2003
August 2003
April 2003
March 2003
February 2003
January 2003
December 2002
November 2002
October 2002
September 2002
August 2002
April 2002
March 2002
Administrivia
The Big Idea
What's the Big Idea? Authors explaining the the big ideas behind their latest works, in their own words.
Authors/Editors/Publicists: for information on how to participate, click
Whatever Just Happened
Random Whatever
-- and you'll be taken to a random Whatever entry in the archive. Which one will you get? Got me!
Scalzi Elsewhere on the Internet
Send to Email Address
Your Email Address
Post was not sent - check your email addresses!
Email check failed, please try again
Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email.

我要回帖

更多关于 骸纲start again 的文章

随机推荐