3D场景中1000fps 摄像机机的代码用与fps游戏中

明基FPS模式+3D旗舰液晶
ChinaJoy 2011开展!最配游戏液晶推荐
责任编辑:
王越 【原创】 2011年07月28日 06:39
(共8页) 明基旗下的23.6英寸宽屏液晶
是在去年12月份正式到货卖场中,凭借着电竞游戏方面出色的表现和3D显示效果的支持,明基XL2410T获得了巨大的成功。现在,明基XL2410T进行全新的促销,目前它的售价为3999元。
明基XL2410T液晶显示器的外观 明基XL2410T液晶显示器采用了全黑色磨砂材质的外观设计,整体凸显了稳重大气的感觉。明基XL2410T的机身可以进行升降、水平旋转和竖直旋转的操作,因此使用上十分便捷。性能上,明基XL2410T拥有2ms的响应时间,D-Sub、DVI-D和HDMI三种接口。 明基XL2410T液晶显示器的细节
屏幕尺寸
23.6英寸
屏幕比例
16:9(宽屏)
最佳分辨率
1920×1080
面板类型
背光类型
LED背光
动态对比度
1000万:1
灰阶响应时间
300cd/㎡
可视角度
170/160°
显示颜色
视频接口
D-Sub(VGA),DVI-D,HDMI 编辑点评:
明基XL2410T液晶显示器除了拥有LED背光设计和丰富的接口、及其便捷的机身设计之外,还拥有FPS模式、多分辨率一键切换、120Hz刷新率等等多方面的卖点。综合来看,明基XL2410T更加适合电竞选手和发烧游戏玩家进行选购。
液晶显示器
[参考价格]
[联系方式] 鼎好电子大厦B3857# 010-82697667 15011113851
[报价查询] ... 本文导航
第5页:明基FPS模式+3D旗舰液晶
热词: 品 牌
屏幕尺寸
产品定位
热门游戏推荐
商家报价:
厂商品牌:
ZOL评分:
网友口碑:
[评测] 26日
[评测] 02日
[行情] 28日
[导购] 05日
[其它] 液晶显示器相关视频
周热门液晶显示器排行榜
商家报价:
ZOL评分:
47用户点评
商家报价:
ZOL评分:
38用户点评
商家报价:
ZOL评分:
41用户点评
商家报价:
ZOL评分:
1用户点评
商家报价:
ZOL评分:
9用户点评
商家报价:
ZOL评分:
99用户点评
商家报价:
ZOL评分:
42用户点评
商家报价:
ZOL评分:
19用户点评
商家报价:
ZOL评分:
4用户点评
商家报价:
ZOL评分:
8用户点评
商家报价:
¥3977-¥4999
ZOL评分:
1用户点评
商家报价:
¥3491-¥3999
ZOL评分:
0用户点评
商家报价:
¥3123-¥4099
ZOL评分:
2用户点评
商家报价:
¥3324-¥3900
ZOL评分:
7用户点评
商家报价:
¥3200-¥4199
ZOL评分:
0用户点评
商家报价:
¥3799-¥3999
ZOL评分:
3用户点评
商家报价:
¥4364-¥5500
ZOL评分:
1用户点评
商家报价:
¥4073-¥4680
ZOL评分:
0用户点评
商家报价:
¥3499-¥3499
ZOL评分:
3用户点评
商家报价:
¥2939-¥3800
ZOL评分:
1用户点评
ZOL评分:
0用户点评
ZOL评分:
0用户点评
ZOL评分:
0用户点评
ZOL评分:
0用户点评
ZOL评分:
0用户点评
ZOL评分:
0用户点评
ZOL评分:
0用户点评
ZOL评分:
0用户点评
ZOL评分:
0用户点评
参考报价:
¥8245-¥8500
ZOL评分:
0用户点评
ZOL推荐经销商
周热门文章排行榜
文章标题
热门帖子排行榜Your version of Internet Explorer is not su orted. Try a browser that
contributes to open source, such as
. Search
Search within: All i ues Open i ues New i ues I ues to verify
for I ue
Sprint/HTC EVO 4G 30FPS cap on 2D (Canvas) and 3D (GL)
748 people starred this i ue.
Comments by non-members will not trigger notification emails to users who starred this i ue.
Owner: ----
Closed: Jan 2011
to add a comment Reported by
Jun 8, 2010
After purchasing the EVO 4G I noticed that some emulators (NESoid, SNESoid, etc.) and general we age and menu scrolling seemed a little 'slow' compared to the previous phone I had (samsung moment).
After some research, it would a ear that there is a 30f (frames per second) cap when ru ing both 2d and 3d a on the EVO.
I quick test can be done by i talling the f 2d a and ru ing it.
It should show the average f as 30 i tead of 60, which I thought should be the norm for apdragon proce or android phones.
This i ue looks to have been reported on the Motorola Droid after updating to android 2.1, so it would a ear to either be an i ue with android 2.1 (unlikely since reports indicate that the Nexus One doe 't have this i ue...which I ca ot verify as I don't own this phone), or some OEM ecific changes done to the OS by Sprint/HTC (EVO) and Verizon (Droid).
Comment
Jun 10, 2010
Reports are that Android 2.2 resolves the 30f i ue with the Motorola Droid.
For anyone who may have i talled android 2.2 on their EVO, if they can report if the a f 2d shows average f as either 30 or 60.
Comment
Jun 10, 2010
I can confirm that the i ue exists in 2.2 ru ing on the EVO - 30 f .
Comment
Jun 10, 2010
I see the same i ue. My framerate on any type of test never pa es 30. Menus also seem jumpy compared to my old moment.
Comment
Jun 10, 2010
we need to get this fixed the hero avergaed 57f in comparison. that is unacceptable
Comment
Jun 10, 2010
We don't have an official build of Froyo to test; just an SDK build, which may or may not be code-complete.
Anyway, it'd be nice to have a statement from HTC and/or Google (Romain Guy did cite that Google's intention was and always will be a target of 60 FPS), but clearly something is ami here. HTC, perha ?
I'm starting to think this is an Adreno 200 di lay driver limitation. Thoughts?
Comment
Jun 10, 2010
Can't be a driver limitation. When you flash the experimental froyo rom, you can clearly see the boot " eXu quot; animation at a smooth 60f ...Until it gets to the OS. Then its back to 30f land. Also, the Nexus one has the same exact gpu. Yet it does not have this problem.
Comment
Jun 10, 2010
Flagship phone, let's get this resolved please!
Comment
Jun 10, 2010
This is quite sad, my year old MotoDroid is outperforming my shiny new EVO, ouch!
Comment
Jun 10, 2010
This is ridiculous. I'm putting myself in a two year contract with Sprint to use the best Android device around, and it's performing worse than an HTC Hero. We're not paying through the nose to be screwed over.
Comment
Jun 10, 2010
While I don't think this is the right venue for this, I will go ahead and star the i ue as something that should not have ha ened. It's not technically a bug with Android, and I highly doubt Google can really do anything about it as it was a decision made by HTC and/or Sprint.
Comment
Jun 10, 2010
I posted here because at this time, I can't say definitively if the problem is with android (google), or changes made by HTC/Sprint.
Hopefully by making people aware of the i ue, perha someone will make a statement regarding what is causing the 30 FPS cap.
Comment
Jun 10, 2010
I can notice f going down on the camera when changing from good lighting to bad lighting. And I have the froyo 2.2 test build and I can confirm f 2d ru at 30 f on that too. This is a real bummer. I also think it had something to do with htc. same proce or as the nexus one. But the nexus ones camera doe 't slow down like that.
Comment
Jun 10, 2010
this is not here to complain about your Evo not being the latest and greatest... this should be for Devs to discu on how to fix it.
Comment
Jun 10, 2010
Unreal...HTC never ceases to amaze me -- it's unreal how many stupid stunts and retarded bugs make it to the end users.
I feel sorry for all you people that just dro ed all that money + 2 years contract on a phone with a 4 inch screen that's limited to 65k colors and 30f ...uber fail.
Comment
Jun 10, 2010
Tilt, touch pro, etc. were windows mobile weren't they? :S
Comment
Jun 10, 2010
It's not fair when some of us had to pay $500+ for a device that performs worse than a 2 year-old t-mobile G1. It does detract from the experience, and for a flagship phone that is helping android get further into mai tream, this is unacceptable.
Comment
Jun 10, 2010
@w ixel
If you had to pay more than $450 for the phone before tax then you got ri ed off
I am also of agreement that this is an HTC i ue first - Sprint i ue second and Google i ue tertiary
Comment
Jun 10, 2010
@cmurad00 I didnt actually have to pay 500+, I paid $199. But some people have. Of course including tax.
Comment
Jun 10, 2010
Thank you for bringing this i ue to everyones attention.i hope that it can be resolved soon
Comment
Jun 10, 2010
plz get it fixed or rint gets it back before july 4th
Comment
Jun 10, 2010
please fix this asap OR IM TAKING IT BACK!!!! (haha--ya right).
would be nice to see it fixed though :)
Comment
Jun 10, 2010
i just ordered it last night i hope this is fixed asap or ill be co idreing
a newer phone hopefully i dont get to de erate for jo iphone 4 ackk such
cra y shit
Comment
Jun 10, 2010
Here's the thread on HTC's site. We should also post there since this is HTC's fault.
Comment
Jun 10, 2010
Paid full price for this bad boy and I am not gotta stand for this HTC mi ing driver crap.
Comment
Jun 11, 2010
come on HTC. Hit us with a update that fixes this.
Comment
Jun 11, 2010
Come on guys.. We end a lot of money for these phones...
Comment
Jun 11, 2010
While this may not be Google's error, I hope that they can push some butto and get a re o e out of someone from HTC or Sprint. I will be returning my phone if this is a permanent i ue.
Comment
Jun 11, 2010
This is disa ointing....
Comment
Jun 11, 2010
If there is no hew by the end of the month for a fix ,
I will return my EVo to Sprint , go on Verizon!
Comment
Jun 11, 2010
I hope there is a fix soon!!
This is very disa ointing for a high end device!
Comment
Jun 11, 2010
Please guys.
Stop making Me too posts.
It doe 't help solve the problem and is actually counter productive to getting the bug fixed.
The best way to get this fixed is to increase the number of votes on the bug.
Unfortunately there is no way in this defect reporting system to vote for a fix and not get email notificatio .
Every time some one comments I see the problem as well, it sends a me age to every one who has starred it.
Right now 200+ people.
If it gets a oying, people will discontinue starring it.
So unle there is some new info that can be added, just vote for the bug.
Comment
Jun 11, 2010
@w ixel Thanks! I look forward to hearing their re o e. I have also contacted them, and if I hear anything I will report it back here as well.
Comment
Jun 11, 2010
My apologies, I actually got a re o e from one of Sprint's executive team. Not HTC. Im sure that's just as good, since they have direct contact with HTC and are actively working with them to deliver firmware updates.
Comment
Jun 11, 2010
This makes Gameboid run poorly :(
Comment
Jun 11, 2010
@w ixel Hi, did this person from the executive team actually tell you they would addre the f i ue in the firmware update?
Comment
Jun 11, 2010
No. Here's what he said:
Thank you for the feedback and I apologize if this is causing you i ues.
I have asked our product and handset team to investigate and we will follow up with you afterwards.
Comment
Jun 11, 2010
Hey, me too! *just poking fun at you, milindr*
Honestly, I say we should all just e-mail HTC and Sprint about this i ue at least twice a week if not more until it's fixed. I've sent 4 already, 2 to each since I've noticed this. I was wondering why on my Hero that changing scree seemed almost too fluid to be true when compared in-hand agai t my Evo. I have noticed however, that if you drag your finger EXTREMELY slowly (just slowly rake it acro the screen i tead of flicking) it seems to be smooth. If you flick, it seems as though it mi es almost half the frames of the animatio .
Comment
Jun 11, 2010
Just ran the f test on my old G1 I gave my daughter. Scored a 58. Starred
the i ue and am writing Sprint and HTC.. Encourage other android users to
do the same.
Sorry for the post, no rant here. Good luck to everyone
Comment #45 on
by eedracer1991: Sprint/HTC EVO 4G 30FPS cap on
2D (Canvas) and 3D (GL)
Hey, me too! *just poking fun at you, milindr*
Honestly, I say we should all just e-mail HTC and Sprint about this i ue at
least twice a week if not more until it's fixed. I've sent 4 already, 2 to
each since I've noticed this. I was wondering why on my Hero that changing
scree seemed almost too fluid to be true when compared in-hand agai t my
Evo. I have noticed however, that if you drag your finger EXTREMELY slowly
(just slowly rake it acro the screen i tead of flicking) it seems to be
smooth. If you flick, it seems as though it mi es almost half the frames of
the animatio .
Comment
Jun 11, 2010
Back in the old days of CRT's, there used to be something called V-Sync to prevent image tearing if the FPS was not matched with the di lays refresh rate.
This has fallen to the wayside as refresh rates are le of an i ue because of standards and di lay technology.
Is it po ible that HTC/Google/Android driver developers have somehow poorly implemented V-sync and accidentally had it sync to 30 Hz i tead of 60 Hz?
The way the FPS hovers around 30 and sometimes jum up before it throttles behaves exactly how V-sync did.
If someone could look into the di lay drivers and see if there's any mention of V-sync or any of its acronyms, it may lead us to an a wer.
Or it may lead us no where...
Comment
Jun 11, 2010
Glad to see this get a bug and wider blog coverage. I noticed this i ue immediately when I got my hands on an EVO 4G at the end of May. I am soon releasing real time a middleware called TyphonRT, but released a very basic 2D test after the Droid 2.1 update (same a will show bad 2D ca ing on the EVO 4G too):
I also have a 3D test and it clearly shows the EVO 4G 3D ca ing. It’s a straight up defect as the Nexus One ru ing the same Snapdragon proce or as the EVO 4G with stock 2.1 or the FroYo RC doe ’t have this particular improper ca ing i ue. One is smooth as butter (N1) and EVO 4G run around 30 FPS with variability as wide as 15-45 FPS on u er bounds (standard deviation 8-10 sounds about right). The G1 ru the simple 2D &am 3D test cases at 58-60 FPS.
Here are some interesting o ervatio :
Here is the kicker in my 3D test I can throttle the rendering eed and with OpenGL ES that mea how fast one calls eglSwapBuffers. If I call it over 30hz the improper ca ing kicks in and here is the very strange part. If I then set the swap buffer rate to 15hz it takes 10-20 seconds for the improper ca ing to stop and things to lock to 15hz. If I raise the rate to 30hz it doe ’t trigger the improper ca ing and frame rate is locked at 29-30FPS with _no variability or deviation_. That is the crucial a ect of this test is that with ca ing from the software side under my control I can lock it at 30hz and there is no variability (15-45FPS) and it’s rock solid. If I raise calling swap buffers back to 60hz then the improper ca ing kicks in again and if lowered below the threshold (~30hz) it takes 10-20 seconds to lock to the actual rate eglSwapBuffers is called. In comparison the the unaffected N1 ru ing 2.1 or FroYo RC switches immediately to whatever rate eglSwapBuffers is being called at...
It seems like there is a code path that takes over control of eglSwapBuffers from the a after a certain threshold is reached. Unfortunately this code path stays activated for far too long even when eglSwapBuffer is called below the threshold. Of course the variability (15-45FPS w/ standard deviation of around 8) also shows a symptom of improper ca ing.
Comment
Jun 12, 2010
This is a real shame, I was pla ing on buying this phone in July.
I hope it's fixed by then or I might have to get the Nexus one : [
Comment
Jun 12, 2010
It is a great phone am ha y with it.You can not tell in everyday use.
Comment
Jun 12, 2010
Comment
Jun 12, 2010
@tbaxte
I personally ca ot live with this, I need 60f on my phone.
I am very excited for ZodTTDs PSX emulator and a lot of the games I wa a play on it run Native 60FPS.
I would notice this for sure.
Comment
Jun 12, 2010
C'MON HTC AND GOOGLE!!!!! Dont Hinder this BEAST!!
FIX! FIX! FIX! FIX!!!!
Comment
Jun 12, 2010
A arantly nexus one has same problem see engadget
Comment #53 on
by delle 87: Sprint/HTC EVO 4G 30FPS cap on 2D
(Canvas) and 3D (GL)
C'MON HTC AND GOOGLE!!!!! Dont Hinder this BEAST!!
FIX! FIX! FIX! FIX!!!!
Comment
Jun 12, 2010
Please fix this i ue!
This is keeping me from buying this phone!
I am a 10 year Sprint user ready to make the jump to a data plan.
I want the EVO but it MUST do 60FPS like every other HTC phone!
FIX please! :-)
Comment
Jun 12, 2010
I'm sick of HTC fucking up their phones in various ways. This goes all the way back to the days of the Kaiser / TyTn II, and su equently the Touch Pro / Touch Pro 2. All sets of devices have had various performance i ues when it comes to general video output. Now we find that HTC has purposefully halved the potential performance of the hottest Android device ever released, to what reasoning I shall never even begin to comprehend.
All I know is, we need a fix and we need it NOW. If HTC can't cease this no e e, I'm going to have to look elsewhere for my smartphone fix. It's almost enough to make one get an iPhone or switch carriers just so we can get an Android device that works the way it should.
What doe 't make se e above all else is the fact that HTC's other Android super phone, the HTC Incredible on Verizon, is completely devoid of these performance i ues. Why, then, does the EVO have to suffer so?
Comment
Jun 12, 2010
Maybe they don't want us going fast, like a rev limiter, maybe its DANGEROUS!
Comment
Jun 12, 2010
@thereaper on - cri led video output has always been an HTC thing, probably to save money on purchasing the a ropriate drivers from Qualcomm as their busine model is having an all-inclusive chip and the drivers must be purchased for full utilization.
It ha ened on the Tilt, TP1/TP2, and now the EVO.
Maybe since it is a Sprint- ecced phone, they ecifically i tructed HTC to omit this part, probably to save money on the equipment.
Or it could be as simple as a bug in the HDMI output causing it, no one knows since HTC is remaining tight-li ed on the i ue.
Anyone care to take a wager on the fact this i ue may NEVER get fixed by HTC?
Cla action lawsuit if not fixed?
Perha HTC will allow us to run Vanilla Android for us loud folk if it is a Se eUI i ue?
I'm just eculating on all the po ible causes.
Comment
Jun 12, 2010
@kake er
Link to Nexus one with this problem?
Comment
Jun 12, 2010
Its sad to see such an amazing device fall short in the category it was PRAISED for HIGH QUALITY VIDEO OUTPUT ON THAT 4.3 INCH SCREEN....... my Hero performed better in this category..... sad
Comment
Jun 12, 2010
How can this be po ible!! HTC you better get this fixed!! Sprint make sure this gets fixed!!!
Comment
Jun 12, 2010
How can this be po ible!! HTC you better get this fixed!! Sprint make sure this gets fixed!!!
Comment
Jun 12, 2010
i paid and got an extra ten dollars a month for a high end headset the games look cho y imma cancel my contract if i dont see this update soon either way i got 30 days
Comment
Jun 12, 2010
i paid and got an extra ten dollars a month for a high end headset the games look cho y imma cancel my contract if i dont see this update soon either way i got 30 days
Comment
Jun 13, 2010
Needs to be fixed for Sprints sake. They gained a fair amount of marketplace with this device, this will send people back to AT&am T and the IP4.
Comment
Jun 13, 2010
This is Sprints flagship phone, it NEEDS this problem to be fixed ASAP
Comment
Jun 13, 2010
This needs to be corrected.
Comment
Jun 13, 2010
Fix please.
Comment
Jun 13, 2010
Hahaha!!
Another HTC/Sprint me !!
Someone needs to fix the ASAP!
Comment
Jun 13, 2010
Just thought I'd Share...
Impre ive right? Well, as many of you know, Qualcomm faced a ton of criticism along with HTC about the whole driver debacle. Lot’s of finger pointing e ued and the short version of what ha en, or as near as I can tell is that HTC WAS RELUCTANT TO PURCHASE THE NECESSARY DRIVERS AND FEATURES that were available in Chi ets like the 7200 and 7500 series. So did Toshiba ante up for the full menu of Qualcomm Snapdragon Drivers and features? It sure a ears that way. Will HTC also learn from their past mistakes? With the HTC releasing the Thoth, a Qualcomm Snapdragon equi ed beast of a device, we can only hope that drivers will be included!
Give us the drivers and get this fixed already!
Comment
Jun 13, 2010
Wow, another me too port out of any of you and I'm going to u tar this thread. I don't even have an EVO 4G and only stared it to get some attention for this i ue. I'm tired of Sprint releasing half-a ed Android phones. When my contract is over I'm not going to stay on Sprint.
Comment
Jun 13, 2010
Another user on the internet found this error on his phone. Could it be related?
Comment
Jun 13, 2010
If I am going to be tied down for two years on Sprint , I would like my evo to perform as well as 60f ,30 f seems unacceptable when devices as the hero are averging above 55f . It would be a real shame I'd I have to return my HTC evo 4g.I love my phone thus far,but it has been advertised as this all mighty new phone that will be the best multimedia phone so far. Like the commercial say 1st this 1st that.comparing it to the accomplishments it does in the commercial. Idc about any of that but to see this problem fixed. I left at&am t and the iPhone for the evo. But I will go back if this i ue i 't resolved before my 30 days are up. Fix this ASAP or iPhone 4 here I come!
Comment
Jun 13, 2010
Yet Another problem with HTC.... seems like my Evos going back.... sad
Comment
Jun 13, 2010
C'mon guys, can we get some resolution on this?
These are two of the best hardware/software companies aren't they?
Id hate to get talked down to by a silly a le user.
Comment
Jun 13, 2010
Please fix.
Comment
Jun 13, 2010
please fix......
Comment
Jun 13, 2010
Well, a arently nobody is really sure if the problem is from HTC, Sprint, or Google.
Google at least has re onded and seems to say it i 't from the Android software itself. (
Does anyone know of the best numbers to call to report this to Sprint or HTC?
I think the general su ort numbers are probably decent, but if we're going to get this fixed, Sprint and HTC need to know we actually care about it enough to contact them.
I'd also like Google to tell us if they actually have any idea what this is (since, if they're sure it's not their problem, they should have some clue as to whose problem it is).
Here's the contact info I found from the web:
Sprint:
General email form:
General phone number:
1-888-211-4727
Evo 4G complaint threads:
HTC (No Evo 4G- ecific su ort page yet):
General email form:
General phone numbers:
Please update if you find better contact information.
Comment
Jun 14, 2010
Got a call from the Dan He e's Office(CEO). Here's what ha ened:
1. Sprint has reached out to HTC about this i ue. They acknowledge the problem and said they are working on a Firmware update that will addre this. However, they could not give us an exact time frame.
2. The engineer at HTC encouraged us to go to HTC su ort and send emails to them about this i ue so it gets more attention internally, and hopefully eed things up.
Also, I asked her to relay a me age to Dan He e, Saying that this might not seem like a big deal at first, but it is in fact a huge one. Customers, e ecially those coming from an iPhone, expect their phones to just work, and even if they don't notice it at first, that 30f cap will get them frustrated at some point, and they will erroneously attribute it to developer, the phone or Sprint, hurting everyone in the proce .
She also said Sprint wants this resolved, but they are pretty much at HTC's mercy right now.
Alright boys and girls, it's time to bother HTC!
Visit HTC su ort here:
and send your Email to them.
At this time I would advise agai t sending template emails because once they start receiving several of the same they can just filter them out. Remember, they are a huge company, they have the tools. Speak with your heart this time.
THE GUY AT HTC STATED HIMSELF THAT THIS WILL BE THE QUICKEST WAY TO GET A FIX. LETS GET ON IT!
Comment
Jun 14, 2010
Just emailed HTC.
Comment
Jun 14, 2010
Emailed HTC, keep them going guys!
Comment
Jun 14, 2010
I emailed them 2 days ago and nothing ha ened yet.
Comment
Jun 14, 2010
Emailed as well
Comment
Jun 14, 2010
Just emailed htc with this me age, hopefully it does something:
Hello, I have recently bought an HTC Evo 4G from rint. This is my second HTC phone I have ever purchased, and it is also the second phone to give me the same i ues. I used to be on AT&am T and I switched for the Evo. I had an Iphone 3GS, and before that an Iphone 3G, which was an upgrade from an AT&am T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser II. The Tilt was my first ever smartphone, and I even switched from Verizon to get it. I was initially ha y, but the phone's lack of GPU drivers made it very laggy and unusable over time. I had tried everything, from complaining to HTC and AT&am T about this i ue, to even using custom made video drivers from developers out there. Neither remedied my feelings of buyers remorse, and so I went for an iPhone, something I never thought I would do. I swore to never buy another HTC product after that, and now because I broke my own promise I'm paying for it again. You di apoint me once again HTC, my Evo is ca ed at 30 FPS and you might be losing a customer permanently this time, I'll make sure to never buy another HTC product again if this i 't fixed anytime soon. Along with that, I will never recommend your products to anyone that I know, because this is just outrageous. To top it all off, my phone's screen is improperly grounded, another common i ue with the Evo, so whenever I try to use the top-portion of the screen on my desk, it doe 't work. Quality control and dumb money-saving techniques that your company is implementing are what will eventually come back to you to hurt your brand and your customers.
I'm about to return my phone within the next 4 days if I don't get any re o e or any information regarding the FPS i ues. iPhone 4 will just have to be my next phone if this i 't fixed.
Comment
Jun 14, 2010
I sent in an email being polite but forthright about how this diminishes the user experience and that it needs to be addre ed.
Comment
Jun 14, 2010
I submitted my email
Comment
Jun 14, 2010
Submitted mine as well.
Comment #86 on
by arthuizar: Sprint/HTC EVO 4G 30FPS cap on 2D
(Canvas) and 3D (GL)
I submitted my email
Comment
Jun 14, 2010
Email submitted!
Ref Number: 861325
Comment
Jun 14, 2010
Email also submitted to HTC.
Not to mention oke with someone over at Sprint's Dan's email office.
Comment
Jun 14, 2010
email submitted to HTC. I definitely find this unacceptable and hope that it is fixed soon.
Comment
Jun 14, 2010
guys, while I'm sure we all a reciate your enthusiasm and your re o e by emailing htc. Please be aware and mindful that 427 people have " tarred this, and are receiving the i sent an email too!
The post count on here does nothing to bring attention to this i ue. The way this works is that the more people that " tar it the more popular it is. If you want to show your su ort please just sign in with a gmail account and click the star in the top left-hand corner to the left of where it says
This is all that is needed to bring more attention and show your su ort.
The only people that should post on here should be those bringing more information, or a fix.
Thanks.
Comment
Jun 15, 2010
HTC states to numerous customers inquiring about the 30f cap that the phone was DESIGNED that way.
A olutely ridiculous.
Case in point, the Nexus One had no i ues ru ing at the full 60f on identical hardware, if anything the recent update cri led this device as well.
Someone needs to bring this point up with HTC.
Comment
Jun 15, 2010
Yeah, just got my email back from HTC:
I understand that you have concer about the EVO 4G with Sprint ru ing 30 FPS. apologize that you are not satisfied with the FPS on the device, this is actually how the phone was designed to work. This was a decision made to enhance overall performance of the device, and also to enhance battery life. This may be further enhanced in a future update, but at this time I can neither confirm nor deny this. I do
When an upgrade for a device is released, it will be a ounced via Twitter, Facebook, and our own HTC.com. You may also be notified by your network provider, which in this case, would be Sprint.
Thank you for interest in HTC products! I would like to take this o ortunity to encourage you to take our Customer Service Satisfaction Survey at
. This lets my bo know how I’m doing, and also hel us improve your Customer Service experience. I look forward to hearing your feedback about our interaction!
Comment
Jun 15, 2010
HTC's re o e: My name is Sara and I will be a isting you today. I understand that you have concer about the EVO 4G with Sprint ru ing 30 FPS. apologize that you are not satisfied with the FPS on the device, this is actually how the phone was designed to work. This was a decision made to enhance overall performance of the device, and also to enhance battery life. This may be further enhanced in a future update, but at this time I can neither confirm nor deny this. I do When an upgrade for a device is released, it will be a ounced via Twitter, Facebook, and our own HTC.com. You may also be notified by your network provider, which in this case, would be Sprint. Thank you for interest in HTC products! I would like to take this o ortunity to encourage you to take our Customer Service Satisfaction Survey at
. This lets my bo know how I’m doing, and also hel us improve your Customer Service experience. I look forward to hearing your feedback about our interaction!
Well guys, I have no idea why they would attempt to make a powerhouse phone only to nerf it when it comes to graphics rate. Looks like we'll have to wait for an update in the future or we'll have to hope that someone from the underground team will be able to fix this problems. So disa ointed, but Sprint is my only choice because of our family plan :(
Comment
Jun 15, 2010
geez i don't even have the phone yet, i already want to return it
Comment
Jun 15, 2010
sad... beautiful phone/top of the line hardware and yet so many i ues. this just makes it even worst.
This is my first HTC phone and might just be my last. only have 20 more days left to think it over... decisio decisio ...
Comment
Jun 15, 2010
wow. I just can't stand this. I WANT to love the phone so badly but between barely being able to pre the sunken lock key, my screen lifting in the lower left corner, down 30% battery in 3 hours, and the android market really being underwhelming I get...
a screen that's more o oxiously laggy than my old iPhone 2g. No joke. I notice it. It was only until people started complaining and pointing it out I realized I wa 't hallucinating. It really was genuinely laggy and not my eyes.
ugh. Now I have to take this back and go with an iPhone 4.
Comment
Jun 15, 2010
Get a Droid X, Engadget says it is faster than EVO
Comment
Jun 15, 2010
Guys, this i 't a discu ion forum.
Keep it on topic.
Anyways, as it seems HTC is being le than helpful, I've decided to take the other route to a bug fix: the 'co umer coercion' route.
I've emailed the Co umerist about this and am pla ing to pull a Co umerist-style EECB (executive email carpet bomb) to see if we can get a higher-up's attention.
Over at XDA-dev forums, I've started drafting a letter that I can email:
If anyone has some co tructive feedback or something they want to add to the letter, by all mea , please reply.
Remember, keep this profe ional.
Comment
Jun 16, 2010
I got the same ca ed email re o e from HTC stating the FPS lock is to increase performance.
Here is my reply.
This is unacceptable.
Decreasing the frame rate on a phone to increase performance is flat out no e e.
It's the same as claiming that limiting a car to 25mph increases performance as it limits gas usage.
That position is frankly i ulting.
It seems the Nexus One now has an identical i ue where it did not exist before, so this is definitely something HTC has chosen to do, and something HTC could easily resolve.
I will be returning both of my EVO phones and taking measures to inform Sprint, the pre , and the BBB of this situation.
It's a real shame that HTC would launch such a capable device, only to cri le it intentionally.
Comment
Jun 16, 2010
I am getting the Droid X now, I will not tolerate this limit.
It's very infuriating.
Comment
Jun 16, 2010
HTC replies that using the following survey is the best way to get concer addre ed (yeah, right)
Comment
Jun 16, 2010
@webmasterwillis: Thanks for saying something that I wanted to say, but probably couldn't.
Is it BS when they say throttling the performance to 30 f saves battery? If it's not, then the battery life on this phone must be 2 hours or so! I personally have owned 2 iphones in the past and have finally been seeing some iPhone killers, but will definitely not kill any iPhone if they are just going to do a cursory job on a phone like this and advertise it as the greatest phone ever.
Comment
Jun 16, 2010
A arently it is a software i ue (notice the last sentence):
Thank you for taking the time to contact HTC America Technical Su ort via E-Mail with your inquiry about your Sprint EVO 4G by HTC.
I understand how important it is for you to have this information about your device. The EVO 4G does have a maximum frames per second (FPS) of 30. This decision was made to enhance the overall performance of the device. At this time, we do not have any information on when or if a software update will be available to change the FPS.
Comment
Jun 16, 2010
I sent them a me age. These are the re o e New Re o e
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to contact HTC America Technical Su ort via E-Mail with your inquiry about your Sprint EVO 4G by HTC. I understand how important it is for you to have this information about your device. The EVO 4G does have a maximum frames per second (FPS) of 30. This decision was made to enhance the overall performance of the device. At this time, we do not have any information on when or if a software update will be available to change the FPS.
I am aware of the ecificatio for the Nexus One; however, I have provided you with HTC’s stance on the FPS for the EVO 4G. If you would like any more a istance with this feel free to call us at 866.449.8358.
Thank you for your re o e. I apologize that you feel this way. HTC is always looking to improve the overall performance of our devices and when this ha e our Engineers can opt to make changes like the FPS
HTC Engineers perform several tests to see how a device will function best and when these tests are finished they work with the Service Provider to design a device that meets their ecificatio .
Comment
Jun 16, 2010
We definitely need this to be fixed ASAP
Comment
Jun 16, 2010
Here's the back and forth I've received:
I recently purchased a Sprint HTC Evo 4G and it is a marvelous device with to of features. However, I noticed right off the bat that when switching home scree or pulling down the notification di lay or doing anything involving animation, that there is co iderable video lag.
Through research and reading, I've come to the tentative conclusion that something has put a cap of 30 FPS on the di lay system. Everyone using this device seems to be having the same problem. I just wanted to notify you in the hopes that this problem can be addre ed and resolved ASAP as this really diminishes the experience of using this incredible device.
Thank you
Thank you for taking the time to contact HTC America Technical Su ort via E-Mail with your inquiry about your Sprint EVO 4G by HTC.
I understand how important it is for you to have this information about your device. The EVO 4G does have a maximum frames per second (FPS) of 30. This decision was made to enhance the overall performance of the device.
I'm fairly certain that this device's selling point is a rich media experience which is not po ible with a framerate that causes simple animatio to stutter. I'm also fairly certain that ca ed video acceleration is not listed as a hardware feature on the package I purchased.
This problem needs to be addre ed ASAP. Is there someone to whom this problem can be escalated?
Thank you
Thank you for your re o e.
At this time, there is nothing that can be changed to increase your FPS. If you would like anymore a istance with this feel free to call us at 866.449.8358.
I would like to know where in the documentation it states that the video performance of the device has been ho led. I'm certain that it i 't in there. That makes this an i ue of false advertising. As I said, this device is being marketed as a media device but it can't even play simple animatio without stuttering. A fix needs to be implemented.
HTC never advertised what the FPS would be on the device. Once again, we do not have any information suggesting when or if the FPS will be addre ed with a maintenance release.
Once again? Once again, the i ue needs to be addre ed. If you went out and bought a video device that couldn't play video smoothly would you not have a problem with this?
I a reciate your concern with this i ue. I have noted your di leasure with this.
Thank you for your a istance. To whom can this i ue be escalated?
If you would like to eak to anyone else on this matter you will need to call us at 1.866.449.8358. Since this is not something that HTC is treating as an i ue I ca ot escalate this.
-------------------------------------
So, there you have it. The number to call is right there and, as of right now, HTC is not treating this as an i ue.
Comment
Jun 16, 2010
In that case, I'll be porting my number back to AT&am T on Thursday and in line at 4am.
DIAF HTC.
Comment
Jun 16, 2010
This is bullshit.
It's the only problem I have with the Evo, and I think it's serious.
HTC needs to fix this.
Comment
Jun 16, 2010
One of you wonderful ho yist devs or hackers will find whats ca ing the FPS.
For how long have we been finding workarounds for HTC's software.
When and if there is a fix it wont be from HTC at first.
Sorry for posting, I know this i t a me age board, but whoever fixes this, send me your paypal info.
Comment
Jun 17, 2010
I'm returning my Evo after the 30 days because of this.......... this sucks!
Comment
Jun 17, 2010
Do something HTC....please don't suck!
Comment
Jun 17, 2010
Fix this crap HTC or you'll end up with shit in your face!
Comment
Jun 17, 2010
This is beyond stupid.
Comment
Jun 18, 2010
I am experiencing the same i ue and if this continues I will be canceling my contract with rint and buying an iphone 4.
As far as I am concerned HTC/Sprint you have 6 days until June 24th.
If no fix is provided by then I will be returning this phone, UNACCEPTABLE !!!
Comment
Jun 18, 2010
Fix it HTC!
Comment
Jun 18, 2010
This is ridiculous this should be fixed immediately... I have the same i ue and for such a flagship device, it sure the heck doe 't re ond like one.
Comment
Jun 18, 2010
I thought this would be relevant: I recorded some videos of the Evo next to the Hero and did some tests co isting of swiping through the home scree and scrolling. As you can see, the Hero's scrolling is silky smooth and fluid and the home scree switch i tantaneously. In contrast, the Evo's scrolling is cho y and stuttery and there is co iderable delay in tra itioning between the home scree .
Comment
Jun 18, 2010
HTC we need a fix already....
Comment
Jun 19, 2010
I received an email from HTC that suggests HTC is starting to treat this as a real i ue and that they plan to fix it.
I sent an email to HTC about a week ago regarding the 30 FPS i ue (as well as the i ue where the Evo may lose continuous i ut if it is not grounded or held) and received the following re o e from HTC:
Thank you for taking the time to contact HTC America Technical Su ort via E-Mail with your concern about the touch screen and the f of your HTC EVO 4G. I understand how important it is for your device to function to your ecificatio and I apologize for any inconvenience this situation has caused you. Please be aware that our technical team has been tracking this i ue and we are actively working toward a resolution for our customers. Please continue to monitor our we ite for future postings, or call customer service at 1.866.449.8358 Sunday through Saturday 6:00 a.m. until 1:00 a.m. EST.
Relevant text:
Please be aware that ... we are actively working toward a resolution for our customers. !!
The email did *not* say anything about it being designed to run at 30 FPS.
This certainly sounds like they've changed their position, and are starting to treat this as a real technical i ue.
Comment
Jun 19, 2010
I'm going to be getting my Evo around July 1st and if the i ue i 't fixed, I'll have to go back to my iPhone 3gs until Sprint comes out with another option (Sprint sadly is my only carrier option for my next phone). Has anyone tested to see if the cap exists when there is another ROM in place (i tead of the Se e UI or Froyo)? I understand that the Evo was officially rooted a short while ago.
Comment
Jun 19, 2010
I hope HTC gets this sorted out ASAP!
Coming from the buttery smooth iphone 3gs this phone disa oints with jittery menu scrolling, stuttering web browsing, etc.
Pretty pi poor for a phone with such incredible hardware ecs.
We need 60f NOW!!!!
Just sent HTC an email to help eed the proce .
Comment
Jun 21, 2010
This really should be fixed- I like my Evo but won't recommend it to friends until HTC shows that it is going to properly su ort this phone.
Comment
Jun 21, 2010
This needs to be fixed ASAP.
Comment
Jun 21, 2010
Please keep emailing HTC, even if you have already done it.
Comment
Jun 21, 2010
HTC, please provide
fix asap.
This is unacceptable.
Comment
Jun 22, 2010
Please provide a fix, I agree!
Comment
Jun 22, 2010
I just got off the phone with AT&am T. I can cancel with Sprint, not pay a dime, and AT&am T will restore my account exactly like it was before with no Early termination fee and still eligible for an upgrade to iPhone 4. HTC really dro ed the ball on this one. It ha ened with the tilt, now it's ha ening again. I will never be an early adopter for any HTC product ever again.
Comment
Jun 22, 2010
BREAKING!!! Check this video out! This guy has bypa ed the 30 f cap!
Comment
Jun 22, 2010
Sorry for double posting, but check out how smooth the Evo is in the first part of the video! I found out that some people over at XDA helped this guy uncap the evo!
Comment
Jun 24, 2010
I love this phone, I hate this i ue which I also have experienced. If not resolved I will not go to a le however I WILL GO TO ANOTHER Andoroid device and probably another carrier.. (HIGHEST PRIORITY OK HTC &am SPRINT, do you here me/us!)
Comment
Jun 24, 2010
Is there anyway google can convince htc to release their kernel? at least allow the nerds to fix this problems for themselves. sheesh.
Comment
Jun 24, 2010
such an awesome phone. love the evo. but please fix this i ue or
i will have to go with the iphone and return the evo.
Comment
Jun 25, 2010
This sucks, my girlfriends nexus one looks so much smoother when right next to eachother, why HTC? E-mailing them now.
Comment
Jun 26, 2010
This makes a large impact for me, gaming i 't as satisfying and slowdow occur.
Please fix this.. I have the hardware
, and if rint/htc don't fix this then I'm either going to root it or return the phone.
Comment
Jun 28, 2010
Hey thank u guys = ) ,,,,,,I have a lillte i ue about. accouple ports the I have block is my first time dealing we this type a phohe and I have the bit torrent downlink traffic block, and the uplink block too what I have to do to fix that and also tell me the I have the local d lookup. Latency (m). Indicate 881 bad. A the latency to landmark server (ms). 1384 bad. Htts cashing detetion : error in text .....HEY DON'T BELIVE THE I KNOW ABOUT THIS CAUSE I'M ONLY H***E THIS PHONE FOR 1 1\2 months but I will take the challeng. And thank u again to make my phone work.
KEEP THE GOod work!!!!!!!!!!!
Comment
Jun 29, 2010
I just got a call from HTC, they were nice and apologetic, but claimed the same no e e we've all heard, that the cap is for media performance.
I suggested they either lift the cap or give users a choice in the matter.
Comment
Jun 29, 2010
30f = fail.
Comment
Jun 30, 2010
This is a freakin disgrace I cant believe that my Nexus is outperforming my NEW Phone FIX THE DAMN THING HTC
Comment
Jul 3, 2010
My low end Cliq XT is getting between 53 on battery and 68 when plugged in. lol
Comment
Jul 4, 2010
I got another re o e from HTC stating it is the HDMI output that is causing the conflict, and I think I get it now. What is shown on the phone is shown on the TV and it seems for some reason that 60 f would not be su orted on a TV, so they decided since a TV could su ort 30 f , then they have to put the phone's frame rate at 30 f in order to prevent a conflict. I could be TOTALLY wrong and they could be BSing, but this is what I think at least. I returned my Evo today and will be getting the Epic 4g when it comes out. It was a great run, but I need my air hockey game lol!
Comment
Jul 5, 2010
#142: I think you're on the right track, but I'm not convinced that it's something they did to let the panel match the TV.
I'm thinking it's because the TV shows what's on the LCD panel, and as a result, it has to lit its drawing time between both:
draws 1 frame on panel, 1 frame to HDMI, 1 on panel, etc...
This seems to be su orted by the results of someone on the XDA forums who has the equipment nece ary to check this (1200f camera).
He shows that it does one draw to the LCD panel in exactly 20 frames, or 1Hz.
It is then a olutely still for another 1Hz (20 frames on his 1200f camera).
Then it draws the next frame.
His camera results su ort the theory that it is drawing to panel, then drawing to HDMI, in alternation.
Which mea every framerate we get to the panel, is exactly half of what it is capable of and what we should be seeing.
The fact that we have been able to get it drawing at 50+ f on both the Novatek and the E on panels mea that we are actually pushing out over 100f in order to get that.
At the very least, HTC needs to stop doing the alternating drawing when HDMI is not plugged in.
How many Evo users have bought and/or tried HDMI out on the phone?
And even if you have, how often do you use it?
I would much rather have the 60f that I know damn well the phone is capable of, while I'm holding it in my hand.
If that has to be cut in half when it's co ected to a TV (and ONLY while it's co ected to a TV), then I'm okay with that.
But don't neuter the device otherwise.
Comment
Jul 5, 2010
This is complete crap. They better fix this quickly or i'll be returning our two phones.
Comment
Jul 6, 2010
HTC fix this problem or I return the phone.
Comment
Jul 6, 2010
HTC fix this problem or I return the phone.
Comment
Jul 7, 2010
I cant show off videos on my phone when these older models show them better! I have already gotten at least 5 or 6 people to buy an Evo the day it came out...come on guys, I'm helping you sell phones! Fix This!
Comment
Jul 7, 2010
htc uncap it please or im getting a moto
Comment
Jul 7, 2010
This definitely needs to be fixed.... makes our phone look like shit
Comment
Jul 8, 2010
Please fix the FPS cap!!! This phone has such potential to be a beast at eed!! Please fix this
Comment
Jul 8, 2010
I sent an email to HTC last night. Included an excerpt from this thread.
Comment
Jul 9, 2010
Dear ----,
Thank you for taking the time to contact HTC America Technical Su ort via E-Mail with your inquiry about your HTC EVO this is A a. I understand how important it is for you to have this information about your device. The EVO 4G does have a maximum frames per second (FPS) of 30. This decision was made to enhance the overall performance of the device. At this time, we do not have any information on when or if a software update will be available to change the FPS.
Sincerely,
Comment
Jul 10, 2010
Sorry folks, but HTC has made a statement now that it was done because of the HDMI output port.
We all know that this is bogus and we can hack around it but I would recommend taking the phone back to Sprint.
Comment
Jul 11, 2010
30 f does not enhance the overall performance, it degrades performance. This needs to be fixed.
Comment
Jul 14, 2010
A 30 FPS vertical sync cap does not enhance the overall performance... it degrades it because the OS is forced to drop frames that already exist.
Is there going to be a fix for this? Seriously, between no multiple accounts on GTalk and the 30 FPS frame rate cap, I'm go a return the phone and cancel my contract with Sprint. This is so goddamn unacceptable. I'm looking at a Nexus One with 2.2 outperforming my Evo in terms of graphic quality.
Fix this, or -1 Android user. I'll buy an iPhone for the first time in my life.
Comment
Jul 17, 2010
I just purchased the phone about a week ago and am extremely unha y with the fact that a iPhone 3GS is outperforming my phone. This is so lame. I hope this f cap is not hardware and just software.
Comment
Jul 24, 2010
This is making me not want to get the evo. That is very lame. My old Samsung Moment had an average f of 57! Remember that the moment is older than the moto droid and ancient compared to the evo. It outperforms it by 27 f . Htc are you really go a let my old moment outperform a shiny new evo?
Comment
Jul 25, 2010
Yep, this needs to be gone.
You can feel the lack on the home screen, and scrolling.
Unimpre ive and needs to be addre ed.
Comment
Aug 11, 2010
Sucks to know official development haven't addre esed this i ue, but the development at xda have gone above and beyond to make it work the way it should have at freaking launch.
Comment
Aug 12, 2010
Hate to say it... ca ing at 30 f does decrease proce ing and battery usage. the EVO battery already sucks enough.
IMHO it should be made to be an option to have higher GPU usage while an outside power source is co ected, or be manually enabled so you know you're self destructing your battery.
It has been said that huma can't see a difference of f above around 30 f ... I call BS on this all the time... i can notice a HUGE difference between 30 and 50 f ... which is attributed to too many years of playing counter strike.
Now for proof of their concept: take your video card in your computer and limit it, run a bunch of 3D Mark tests - listen to your fan (a uming yours auto adjusts) - Now do the same unlimited... the fa will run faster because they are sucking more power which creates more heat in the graphics proce or because its working harder to give you max FPS. You can even test this with those power usage meters if you co ect your computer to one and run a game on limited FPS and Unlimited FPS... EVERYTHING works harder when you un-limit it including your proce or, not just the GPU.
The guy who said something about the OS is forced to drop frame quot; is dead wrong. The GPU will only it out enough FPS to satisfy the demand to fulfill the cap of 30/60/whatever Vsync/your monitor/etc is set to. It will not overwork itself ru ing full blast to drop frames. I have NEVER seen something like this ha en, and never will, it's completely counter productive for any GPU be it in a mobile phone (where they try to co erve all the power POSSIBLE) or a full blown gaming rig. I've known people that have limited their GPU's framerates because they didn't have optimum cooling in a tower so the graphics card will work le hard creating le heat, and therefore letting them even play a game without over heating the GPU causing it to crash.
Another point to think about is this: If you uncap your FPS in a game like Counter-Strike: Source then you're asking for problems... your FPS will ike so heavily it will be EXTREMELY noticeable for any gamers out there. Same principle here. The recommended play style is to find what your max avg f is and limit it at that point... if your computer is " uff then you can run at the game imposed max FPS...
Don't get me wrong... I'm only giving proof of THEIR concept. As i said before, make it an option for people to turn on, turn up, etc. These phones are su osed to be the PEOPLES phone, not the carriers IMHO. we should decide how they do and don't do things. I see WHY they did it, but they need to enable a Guru mode on android so all this rooting and what not doe 't need to be done. Fully enterprise android phones should be able to limit acce to this said guru mode. That way they could be both, guru phones for the people that want it that can have it, but also be secure enough to be trusted in other situatio .
Comment
Sep 22, 2010
Just wanted to post an update on this i ue.
HTC just released an OTA update (3.29.651.5) that removes the 30f limit on the EVO 4G.
This i ue is now resolved.
Comment
Oct 13, 2010
MikePhenix is correct - this i ue is resolved and can be closed.
Furthermore, it never should have been opened in the first place. The i ue was a Sprint/HTC i ue not a Google Android i ue. Folks need to learn the difference between carrier/device imposed restrictio and limitatio of the Android OS.
Comment
Nov 5, 2010
The reason for posting on Google is that the reason for the 30 f limit at the time was unknown.
Since another device had the problem (Droid), it was a po ibility of it being an unexpected OS i ue.
Also, once the actual cause of the i ue was known, I do not see a way of removing this posted i ue.
Comment
project member
Jan 18, 2011
Per Comment 162, closing as Declined for lack of a better label type.
Declined

to add a comment
2011 Google -